{24}

I AWOKE to the feeling of being warm and happy, a feeling I hadn't felt since Gold and I'd broken up. It wasn't coincidence that I only felt the feeling now when I was in his arms once more.

I sat up and glanced around. I was still in his shop, and he was laying on the small bed beside me. It seemed to still be nighttime, so I knew we hadn't been asleep for too long. "Claire?" I heard him murmur and saw that he, too, was awake now.

It was hard to keep the smile from my face. After all my fighting to stay away, I couldn't keep away from him. I knew he still had things he was keeping hidden, but being without him was like being without air. It made it so much harder to breathe.

I turned to gave him. "Good morning." I said sweetly and he smiled at me. "More like
good night. It's still the same day. But still the best I've had in weeks." He replied and I grinned at him. "Me as well. Who knew the missing thing was just you?" I asked him and he grabbed my hand with a smile.

"I've never missed a person more." He told me and I nodded, remembered the pain I'd felt being away from him. "Well, you'll never have to miss me again. I love you." I told him and he smiled widely at me. "As I love you, dearie."

My phone rang and I jumped. I found it laying beside me and quickly answered it. "Hey, Claire. I'm heading down to see Mary Margaret, and I was wondering if you'd come with me." Emma asked me.

"Of course. I'll head that way." I answered her, and Gold gave me a curious look. "Oh, Claire, tell Gold to come too." Emma added and I made a face. How did she know I was with Gold? "How-" I started But she cut me off.

"Well, you never came home after being in his shop last night Claire. I think it's safe to assume he's with you." Emma said and I snickered. "Okay. I'll tell him. Bye." I said and ended the call.

I glanced over to Gold, who looked confused. "Emma wants the two of us at the station." I explained and he nodded. "Well, I suppose we do have to get out of the bed sometime." He said, but his tone was reluctant.

"I suppose we do." I said, laughing at his expression as I climbed out of the bed. "I'm going to get dressed." I told him and hurriedly went to grab my clothes.

A few minutes later we arrived at the station just as Emma did. She gave me a knowing look, which I pointedly ignored. As we walked in, I saw Henry sitting on one of the benches reading his story book.

"Henry? What are you doing here?" Emma asked as we made our way over to him. Once again, Henry's eyes widened as he saw Gold and I holding hands. "I came to congratulate you." Henry said and Emma and I exchanged a confused look.

"For what?" She asked him in disbelief. "Your genius plan." Henry said in admiration. What genius plan? I glanced at Gold, who looked just as confused as I did.

"And what plan is that, Henry?" Gold asked and Henry stared at him before looking down. I guessed that meant he wasn't going to tell him anything. Gold made a face and nodded, before walking into the other room.

Emma and I turned back to Henry, now extremely confused. "Sorry, I thought Mr. Gold was in on it, now that he's Ms. Blanchard's lawyer." Henry told us. "In in what?" Emma asked him and he looked surprised.

"The escape plan." He told us and Emma and I exchanged a worried look.

"Sheriff, Claire, could you join me, please?" I heard Gold call from the room where the cell was. Oh no, this wasn't going to be good. We walked in to see Mary Margaret's cell was empty, the door wide open.

What the hell? "She's gone." Gold said, stating the obvious. "Henry what did you do?" Emma asked anxiously. "Nothing! She was gone when I got here." Henry defended, raising his hands in defense. "Her arraignments tomorrow. Ifs she's not there.." Gold trailed off and I frowned.