{27}

"Congratulations!"

I SQUEALED excitedly to Mary Margaret as she unlocked the apartment door and saw the decorations Emma and I had put up. There was a banner, with 'Welcome Back Mary Margaret' on it that I'd braved a rickety kitchen chair to hang.

Mary Margaret smiled, a real genuine smile and I grinned at her. It was nice to see her smile, especially after her week long stay in the town jail cell. "It's so nice to be back!" She said happily and I smiled. "I'm glad you're back." I told her.

I didn't know if she'd noticed the change in how I treated her, but I had started to feel as if she was my sister. And she was, according to Gold. I wondered if she ever felt that connection I sometimes felt between us.

Emma rushed from her room then, and tackled Mary Margaret in a hug. Strange, since she wasn't usually one for showing too much affection. There'd been a change in her since we'd been kidnapped though, something hopeful.

"It's time for your party soon!" Emma said excitedly and Mary Margaret grinned. "Well, the first thing I want to do before I party is sleep in my own bed." She told us and Emma and I chuckled.

"Okay, well I need to head out for a moment, but I'll be back in time for the party." I told them, and Emma raised her eyebrows at me.

"Are you going to see Gold?" She asked me and I looked away from her, hiding my smile. Before I could answer, Mary Margaret gasped. "Wait a second? Why would Claire go to see him?" She asked and I smirked.

"Well, we sort of—"

"Got back together?" Emma asked, looking a little judgmental. I knew it wasn't me, it was Gold. She'd been terribly suspicious of him lately, ever since he'd said he'd work some magic and then Kathryn magically appeared.

I wasn't stupid. I knew Gold played a part in the situation with Kathryn. The conversation I'd heard between Regina and him had confirmed it.

"Actually we got engaged." I stated casually, causing Emma and Mary Margaret's mouths to drop. "Where's the ring?" Mary Margaret asked, and I held up my hand. It was my usual ring.

"Isn't that the ring you always wear?" She asked me and I nodded. "There's something special about the ring." I told them, sort of hinting about my real story.

Maybe if I kept dropping hints, one day, they'd finally pick up on it.

"Well, congratulations!" Mary Margaret told me, smiling. I snuck a glance at Emma, who seemed to be forcing herself to look cheerful. "Yeah, congrats." Emma told me and I smiled at her.

"Thank you." I said and she smiled back slightly. "Well, I really should go. But I'll be back soon." I called, walking out of the door.

I walked down the street to the shop, talking my usual route. I opened the door to the shop, hearing the familiar bell ring as I did.

"Claire!" I heard him call and a smile immediately found its way onto my face.

He walked out from the back of the shop and smiled at me. "Hi." I said, grinning as I walked over to him. I pulled him into a kiss and when we broke apart, he chuckled. "What was that for?" He asked me and I blushed. "I'm just happy. Everything finally seems like it's going to be okay." I said as he smiled at me.

He placed a hand to my cheek and I held onto it, leaning into his hand. A thought came to my mind and I moved away. "What is it?" He asked me and I glanced down at my ring. "Something happened with my ring. Emma threw a vase-"

"She what?" He interrupted, sounding angry. I held up my hand. "As I was saying, she threw the vase and it hit my ring, but the ring didn't even crack. In fact, the vase shattered." I explained to him and he looked a little amused about something.