{37}

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest said and I watched as Snow kissed Charming. I mustered a small smile as she glanced my way, beaming.

It was very hurtful to watch someone else getting married to their love, especially when mine was currently locked away. I'd told Rumple not to make that second deal with Cinderella, but he hadn't listened. When Snow later visited me at the castle after his imprisonment, I hadn't wanted to leave.

It had taken serious urging of Snow to get me to come and stay at our old castle. Even though I'd come willingly, some days I still felt like a prisoner. I hated this place and the memories it brought. I glanced down after my ring and felt a tear stream down my cheek. Maybe they would think they were happy tears.

I looked up just as a loud gasp filled the room. I swirled to see Regina walking through the doors. Snow instantly flinched.

I hadn't seen Regina since she'd left Snow's body that day on the hilltop. She looked even more vengeful now.

The guards rushed towards her but she threw them aside with a wave of her hands.

Well, one thing about Regina, she knew how to make an entrance.

"Run! It's the queen!" Doc the dwarf yelled. Snow reached over and pulled Charming's sword from his belt. I was surprised when she held it towards Regina as she approached.

"She's not a queen anymore. She's nothing more than an evil witch." Snow said, glaring at Regina.

"No, don't stoop to her level. There's no need." Charming told Snow, lowering the sword with his hand.

"You're wasting your time. You've already lost. And I will not let you ruin this wedding." Charming told Regina, who smirked.

"I haven't come here to ruin anything. On the contrary dear, I've come to give you a gift." Regina clarified, walking around the room.

"We want nothing from you." Snow said and Regina dropped the faked smile. "But you shall have it." She said, her tone making everyone in the crowd flinch.

"My gift to you is this happy, happy day. For tomorrow, my real work begins. You've made your vows, now I make mine. Soon everything you love, everything all of you love, will be taken from you. Forever. And out of your suffering will rise my victory. I shall destroy your happiness, if it is the last thing I do." Regina said passionately, staring at Snow with hatred.

She whirled and walked for the door. "Hey!" Charming yelled, throwing the sword towards her. Regina turned but vanished in a cloud of purple smoke, the sword going with her.
••••
Nine months later, I watched as Snow frantically paced around the room. "Snow, stop. You know all this stress isn't good for the baby." I told her, but she wasn't listening. Ever since Regina had made her threat, Snow had been nervous.

I was too, but Regina had been making slow progress. I was surprised she'd allowed Snow the gift of even being pregnant before she took all of our happiness away.

I didn't think it would make me much difference anyways. I wasn't happy these days. I spent my days taking care of Snow and arguing with Charming.

Charming hadn't allowed me to visit Rumple. It had been nearly a year since I'd seen him and I still felt that hurt everyday. Snow and Charming didn't understand the pain I was going through. Charming sure didn't want to understand.

We'd gotten into many quarrels over Rumplestiltskin. Charming and Snow reasoned that the subjects shouldn't see the princess visiting Rumplestiltskin of all people. It would create a bad image. I'd told Charming just where he could put that image and he hadn't liked it.