{17}

I WOKE up with a groan, wiping my eyes that were unsurprisingly still tear stained. For once, I hadn't had any crazy dreams. I guessed I'd been too upset to even dream at all.

Why had I believed that Gold and I could actually have a relationship? I'd known he was a bad guy, heard the rumors about him. But still, I tried to see the good in him.

And while I'm sure there's still some good there, I can't deal with the lying. Not if he can't even tell me the truth over something so important. So I'm done.

I jumped into the shower and pressed the rag into my eyes, as if I could blur out everything that happened two nights ago. Unfortunately I couldn't. I hurriedly got dressed, throwing my brown hair into a messy ponytail and dabbing concealer to try and cover up the crying.

I walked out to find Mary Margaret and Emma gone and sighed. Well, at least I knew where they were. Every morning, well almost every morning, we congregate at Granny's.

Today I'm sure that's where they were. And I was right. As I walked into Grannys, both of their faces showed concern. Which meant Emma had definitely told Mary Margaret about the break up. Perfect.

I went and sat down, trying to ignore their concerned looks. "Claire, are you okay?" Mary Margaret asked me before I could even greet them. I forced a smile on my face. "Why wouldn't I be?" I said, faking indifference. But that wasn't fooling them.

"Claire, it's okay to be upset. Breakups are tough." Emma told me and I huffed. "Guys, seriously, I'm fine." I said impatiently. I needed them to talk about something to distract me. Anything to keep me from thinking about the fact that Gold would rather be apart than tell me the truth.

Mary Margaret frowned. "Denial is the first step of the process, Claire." She murmured in her soft voice and I sighed. "Well, then can we just skip straight to acceptance, Ms. 12 Steps?" I joked and they once again exchanged a look.

Finally, they seemed to realized they weren't getting anything out of me and Emma launched into a rant about Regina. Supposedly Henry's castle had been damaged by the storm.

Regina, being Regina, accused Emma of being a bad mother for letting him play on the damaged playground and was making immediate plans to have it removed.

"Don't let my feelings cloud my judgement? That's all she ever does." Emma said angrily, referring to a comment Regina made.

Mary Margaret picked up her mug and peered over at Emma. "She's just upset because you and Henry have a special place and she doesn't." Mary Margaret said wisely, as usual.

She was definitely the voice of reason, or the mother of this trio. "How did she find out about that castle in the first place?" Emma asked, taking a bite of her breakfast.

"She knows everything about this town. She's the mayor." Mary Margaret said simply.

"Sometimes it seems like she knows a little too much." I remarked and Emma nodded.

Mary Margaret's cell phone buzzed and she picked it up. I glanced over at Emma. It was obviously from David, just judging the look on Mary Margaret's face.

"Everything Okay?" Emma asked her and Mary Margaret stood up. "Yeah I just need to go. Look if it makes you feel any better, I think you're right. I see the effect she has on Henry." Mary Margaret said, pulling on her coat.

"I wish everyone else did too." Emma stated. Mary Margaret managed a sympathetic look before bouncing off to meet David.

I turned back to Emma and jumped when I saw Sidney Glass sitting in Mary Margaret's old seat.