{50}

I walked beside Regina through the jungle-like forest of Neverland.

Emma had been swinging her sword regularly to chop down leaves, making me think she was using this to relieve some anger.

Charming and Snow had been mostly silent since Emma's declaration that she was the leader now and if we didn't like it, we could leave.

Hook just followed behind Regina and I, watching Emma too closely for my comfort. I could tell Regina was getting annoyed too.

We were supposed to be heading towards a hideout of Pan's and Hook was telling us where to go. Apparently he had history with Neverland.

"The ridge is just a few hundred paces ahead." Hook said and I rolled my eyes. I think the heat was getting to me. It felt like we were in the desert. I'd shed my jacket long ago, as had Emma.

"You really think we're going to be able to see Pan's hideout?" Emma asked, looking back at Hook.

"From there, we should be able to see everything, including where Pan is keeping your son." Hook told her.

"You know I could've just poofed us up there in an instant." Regina remarked, wiping her forehead.

"Where? Have you any idea what's up here or anywhere? There are dangers all about. Only I can guide us past them." Hook said and I scoffed.

"We get it, you've been here before. That doesn't automatically mean you have to be our tour guide." I said and he rolled his eyes at me.

"He's right. Hook's lived here before. If he says hiking up is the best way, then we listen." Emma said.

Emma was getting a bit too bossy for my taste, but I bit my tongue. I think it was juts the stress getting to her. And she was Charming's kid, after all. She had the leadership gene.

Snow walked up and handed Emma the canteen of water.

"Here. You need to stay hydrated." She said.

Emma took the water and drank some, handing it back to Snow.

"Thanks, Mary Margaret."

"You know Mary Margaret is a bit formal. You could call me mom if you want. You've done it before." Snow suggested.

Yeah, I'd nearly forgotten when Emma had called us each by our titles. Mom, Dad, and Aunt Claire.

It didn't really bother me too much if Emma called me just Claire, but I could see how it was different for Snow and Charming.

"Yeah, but that was when.." Emma trailed off.

"We were about to die. I got it." Snow said, nodding.

Snow and Emma caught up with us then.

Charming was in front of Regina and I and was cutting down bushes. He was about to slash down a patch of thorns, when Hook grabbed his arm. We all stopped walking as they both stopped.

"No. No." Hook said and Charming gave him a look. "I can handle a couple of thorns."

"That's dreamshade. It's not the thorns you have to worry about. It's the poison they inject you with. This plant is the source of the toxins I used on the Dark One." Hook told him.

I turned to him then and gave him a look. "That's the poison that almost killed Gold?" Emma asked, while I continued to glare at Hook.

"Indeed. I used a concentrated dose. In its natural form, death would be much slower and far more painful. I suggest we go this way." Hook said, gesturing to a path on the right.