The beginning of it all

I was on the verge of passing out from how much I ran in the last two hours. My lungs ached as I continued to sprint through the night. I just needed to get away from them as fast as possible after seeing what I saw. I know for a fact though I cannot just stand still and just remain on the sidelines of Issei's story any longer.

I started to slow down once I realized the distance I made from the Hyoudou residence was way further than I thought. In front of me was the highway out of Kuoh town, and at my back, was the previously stated town where my master's base of operations was.

Trying to run away from this 'Hyoudou household' in such a short amount of time, may seem like a really dumb idea, but hear me out. In order for you to get the full context to that, we have to delve into my past life about 4 years ago.

I am a pawn in Rias Gremory's peerage, and even now, they served as a family that I could love. My fellow peerage members were really just a stand in for siblings in a normal family. Akeno, Koneko, Gasper and Kiba are all people I've looked up to my entire life. Normally this wouldn't be that much of a problem, I had a mediocre-at-best sacred gear compared to everyone else, so why would I be so upset at just one person coming in and stealing the thunder?

This may sound terrible, but I developed feelings for Rias, Koneko, and Akeno. Of course, that revelation, changed how I began to act around them. Sadly, though, I guess they never saw me as anything more than a sibling. It all just got worse when more and more peerage members joined, in particular, Issei Hyoudou, who's now one of the most powerful beings in the world due to him being the host of Ddraig, the Welsh Dragon of Domination and one of the two heavenly dragons.

Issei at first was pretty much a useless peerage member, but he then grew and grew as a person and helped out the entire peerage more than I ever could. Most notably even helped everyone else go through their personal struggles and trauma. All of a sudden, I became usurped by him in almost every way. His sacred gear was pretty much a better version of mine, he actually became a necessity to the peerage unlike me who was usually a body block, and everyone's eyes were on him. Every girl who was in the peerage before him ended up being in love with him. Heck, even the girls who joined after Issei joined somehow fell for him, even an Angel and a Valkyrie!

Now, I personally get why all the girls have fell for Issei. He's actually become a much more mature person when it comes to power and love and he helped almost everyone in the club accept their traumatic pasts and heritage, and while he is still a pretty big pervert...he admittedly still does have some really good personality traits, which I couldn't really be better than Issei at due to me being a mostly quiet kid—except the whole being-a-pervert thing.

I knew that they were all basically dating him...but accidentally walking into his room to basically see all of them sleeping with him naked...I don't know but it just  changed something in my heart. All 3 of my crushes fell for someone who was essentially, just a better version of me...which just freaking sucks.

Overwhelmed by a sense of shame and sadness, I decided to distance myself from them—emotions speeding the process up considerably. Besides, Rias and everyone else in the peerage should be fine without me for a bit right? I mean, I'm only someone with a twice critical that only takes up one pawn piece in a peerage full of Excalibur wielders, a devil heiress with the power of destruction, and also devils that use holy lightning, senjutsu, and a healing gear that surpasses any natural healing by a long shot.

Yeah...they should be fine without me.

I was just looking down at the mountains that surrounded the town when I heard a flutter of wings behind me and saw...