The road to healing

Leia POV

Well...the last few weeks have been chaotic...I'll say that. I don't even know where to begin...but here we go.

The peerage...didn't take the memory dump onto them all that well. They definitely became depressed over the ordeal. Honestly, if it weren't for me being able to read what they were feeling through their souls, I wouldn't have any clue how much they were beating themselves up.

Their sleep schedules suffered a lot, and from what I could see, it was because of nightmares about Ethan ripping them apart in the berserker armor while his angry voice tore into their emotional side.

It was odd to see in school...Rias and Akeno, the once confidant queens of Kuoh Academy, were now often emotionless or noticeably drained whenever they were walking through the halls. Koneko was now much more violent than she was previously, and much more closed off to the peerage, while Rossweisse now had a subtlety increased urge to help out everyone in the best way she could while having a not-so-subtle increase in the alcohol she consumed after hours. The amount of bottles splattering apart on the ground...Freyr help me.

To an extent, even the boys were affected by the memory dump. Gasper and Kiba, while certainly being in better condition compared to the girls, became more reserved in their interactions with people outside the peerage.

Of course, that created confusion for Issei, Xenovia, and Irina when they woke up. They of course had to be told that Ethan literally transformed into a demon before killing Heimdall to protect them. They didn't take it very well that Ethan was then driven insane by the armor while being conscious and then proceeded to basically perform an exorcism on himself to get rid of the cursed equipment which nearly killed him.

They, thankfully, were never exposed to the memories, because from what I've heard from Gasper and Kiba, Xenovia and Irina would not leave him alone with their pleading for forgiveness and the former's ability to pray as a devil. Issei didn't really want to hear anything about Ethan though. In fact, he immediately left the room before I could explain what Ethan did, he in general became a lot more frustrated as he tried to cheer everyone up.

I couldn't blame him. He tries his absolute hardest to save Xenovia and Irina, it turns out it's not enough, and then a guy who put little to no work into his strength just comes along and takes care of things. I would feel like crap if I was in his position too.

Fenrir, Hel, and Jörmungandr all became more silent in general, although I could tell it wasn't from sadness...but more like a quiet observation of things within the house. The only time I could sense anything from them was when Fenrir was around Sköll and Hati.

Oh yeah! Sköll and Hati! Presumably due to Chaos' presence within Ethan, the wolves suddenly split from his weapons and became their own full being, functioning like normal without a celestial body or weapon to bind themselves to, so now they're fully living in the household—in the backyard alongside their father and serpentine uncle anyway.

Because of that, school has gotten a fair bit more interesting to the mortals who actually go to Kuoh. Angrboda had somehow been able to fill in as a teacher at the school and she seemed to be getting along quite well with her job. Loki, while at first wanting to be a leader of a nature club at the school, was distracted by something else he wouldn't tell about. He did make frequent visits when he wasn't busy though.

She wasn't the only new addition to Kuoh town either. Sirzechs informed us that the Phenex household was mysteriously wiped off the face of the world, so they were residing within the compounds of the town which resulted in Ravel going to Kuoh as well. Ravel herself was in critical condition and was seemingly afflicted with a curse—something not natural for her kind considering the Phoenix tears the family specialized in only worsened her condition and didn't heal her. Why Sirzechs didn't just temporarily house them in a household in the underworld I'll never know.