Enlightening the soul

I woke up with the sun rising overhead the temple and quietly sat up in my bed. I quietly yawned to not wake up anyone else in the room with me before slowly getting out of bed and silently equipping all of my weapons and walking out the door.

Everything was relatively quiet compared to usual, so I decided to take a little walk around the building. I must admit, in the daytime, Alfheim looked pretty peaceful, almost tranquil...if it weren't for the scent of blood that often filled up the area I walked through.

'Sköll, Hati, you guys there?'

Hati: 'Right here Fǫðurbróðir'

'Has anything interesting for you happen yet?'

Sköll: 'What kind of question is that?'

'I don't know...is there anything else to do here?'

Hati: 'Actually...father did mention a jötnar shrine being in this realm, maybe that can educate you more on grandmother's side of the family.'

I nodded as I began to follow Sköll and Hati's directions to arrive at the shrine. Their directions eventually led me out the front door of the temple where a massive lake was followed by some bridges that led to some side platforms.

Eventually, I actually began to sense the shrine, as it had a presence of power that wasn't exactly from a god or even powerful being, but something more akin to a mortal power but enhanced...if that somehow makes any sense.

Eventually, I saw two doors and opened them up to reveal...some sort of presentation containing a lot of elaborate drawings.

some sort of presentation containing a lot of elaborate drawings

"What's this?"

Hati: "Around the realms, the giants made shrines to engrave special individuals who were important for their people in one way or another."

"Ah, so this one is..."

I looked at the left panel and looked at a female figure who sat in the center.

"A giantess named Groá...she must have been a prophet, right?"

Sköll: "Yup, all giants can have visions of the future, but Groá had visions for events that happened multiple millennia before they actually occurred...including that event in the middle panel."

I looked at the panel and saw a huge battle happening above Groa's head...Thor, Odin, Freya, Fenrir, and Jörmungandr were all a part of it. I instantly recognized what the image was depicting.

"Ragnarök..."

I then looked to the last panel and saw Odin...standing above her...dead?

"What happened in this one?"

Sköll: "The all-father found out about this prophecy and invited Groá over to help share this vision...she told him what she knew...and Odin, jealous of the knowledge she held without him knowing, killed her with his own hands."