A grizzly encounter

2 days after my little hangouts with the peerage, I was currently sitting down in class as Leia and Hel were sitting down next to me. In classic Kuoh Academy fashion, all of the boys immediately started thirsting for them like no tomorrow, which then led to a ton of glares when they found out how close I was to them.

They both registered as students on the same 3rd year status that I was in, and Hel in particular was registered as my sister in the school due to how young she looked, going under the name Hailey.

Usually, our teacher for the class was Rossweisse, but today was different due to a pretty significant stray devil report reaching Rias. So the rest of the peerage was out doing that.

Eventually the bell rang and lunch began as we all sat down at our own table.

"So, how are you feeling about this place?"

Hel took a bite out of her sandwich before swallowing and looking at me.

Hel: "Pretty exciting compared to life in Helheim, so I'm not complaining. The level of perverts in this place is definitely abnormal though..."

Leia nodded.

Leia: "Yeah...the subject of classes is certainly something I've never been exposed to in Alfheim, so I'd say I like it."

I nodded and smiled.

"That's good to hear!"

Hel: "So random question...why did Rias and Sona move their peerages here? Aren't devils more at home in their own underworld?"

"Ah, that. Well to be blunt, Sona and Rias were in pre-ordained engagements to other devils. They made a move away from the underworld to here to try and delay the inevitable...and also to find more peerage members."

Leia: "Ah, and I'm guessing they both got out of their engagements?"

I nodded.

"Sona beat her partner in a chess game to get out of it, while Rias took a little longer, but was ultimately broken out of it by Issei beating her partner in a duel."

Hel: "Is that why she has feelings for him?"

I frowned at the mention of it, but nodded.

"I believe so."

Leia: "Well then...at least she had a good reason to fall in love with him."

"Yeah..."

Both of them frowned at me as I nodded to myself. They all love him for a good reason...it's time to move on...so why can't I?

"Not that you guys have much experience in the romantic field, but how exactly do you move on from unrequited feelings?"

Hel: "Hm...well, I've never been in love before so I can't exactly say anything about it..."

Leia: "Well, what did those feelings mean to you?"

"Well...Rias, Akeno, and Koneko were all some of my very first friends. Even when I was just a kid I would try my hardest to make them happy when I was younger...they were my family then...I guess that familial affection developed into romantic infactuation as we grow..."

Hel: "Hm...childhood friends, that's not easy to break. Well the first thing to do is to set some boundaries between you and them. Not physical boundaries like distancing yourself, but don't allow them to do things that you feel would cause your affections to grow. Hanging out with everyone all at once may also help with that."