Breaking point

The thought that I was fated to get with almost everyone in the household took a pretty big toll on my interactions with them all. Suddenly, I was struck with all sorts of emotions I never felt around them before—mostly just confusion and anxiety—and was desperately trying not to make things worse with Issei.

Because of the "prophecy", I started to realize a bunch of things. Rias' current interest in me was inevitably going to result in her being romantically attracted to me...the same could also be seen with Akeno's change in personality. Luckily for me, no one else seemed to start noticing me more than they usually did—except for Koneko—but she fucking hates me seeing her interactions with me often led to glares and punches. That led to me trying to talk with Issei with everything. Unfortunately, he never wanted to be in the same room as me after I created the Draupnir spear.

I can't blame him if I'm honest. Our relationship was a roller coaster with us having tons of highs and lows. Considering he clearly got upset at all of them for essentially avoiding me after the meeting with Asgard...yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he felt betrayed. Especially considering how long it took for Issei to actually open up and talk to the girls about his own insecurities...having that flipped on its head can ruin anyone's day.

When I wasn't trying to talk to Issei about it though, I started another past time at the household—which was learning spearmanship from Rossweisse.

True to her valkyrie heritage, she was a fucking beast with her scythe, and she quickly showed me that my handling of the spear was completely novice. It could be seen fully whenever I thrusted my spear forward towards her torso only for her to catch it with the inside of her scythe, and move it in a way that yanked the spear out of my hands. That led to her having an opening for her to attack me which was thankfully blocked by my shield.

We stood staring at each other before she pulled her scythe back to her side and allowed me to close my shield and collect the spear from the ground.

Rossweisse: "Something is on your mind. Isn't it?"

My eyes widened at her question as I looked back at her and clenched my jaw. Was it really that easy for her to sus out?

Pushing that thought aside for the moment, I silently nodded to respond to her. She frowned a small amount before she walked up to me and putting a hand on my shoulder.

Rossweisse: "Do you want to talk about it?"

I looked at her in the eyes, her concerned expression remaining clear as ever. That just made me feel even more uncomfortable...this girl is supposedly my future wife?

"Not really."

Rossweisse kept her gaze on me as she turned and motioned to the chairs on the porch of the backyard.

Rossweisse: "Training for now is over. You can't fight to your fullest capabilities when you're distracted. Come sit with me."

The former valkyrie walked up to a chair and sat down. She seemed to be genuinely concerned, and I figured avoiding her wouldn't be helpful...so I sat down.

She looked at me quizzically for a good amount of time before sighing.

Rossweisse: "You know I dislike it whenever it's apparent you're struggling with something...why can't you tell me?"

I looked at her while thinking. She was probably thinking back to the last time she talked to me—right before I ran to Alfheim for a couple weeks. That definitely hurt her alot, knowing I purposefully rejected her help to run away from my problems once again. But with what I know...how do I approach them about it?

A good amount of silence must have passed because Rossweisse continued questioning me.

Rossweisse: "I don't want what happened last time to occur again...please Ethan...just work with me. Did you see something in a vision...? Any details at all?"