Chapter 7: Missing Mind

Mikey ran into the room and looked at Leo. "Where is Willow?"

"She's spying on April's friend." Casey answered for him.

Mikey groaned. "But I wanted to show her my new shoes!"

"You don't wear shoes." Leo pointed out.

"I do now!" Mikey held up his leg, which had a sock on it, covered in orange paint with pepperoni glued to it.

"That's disgusting." Raph grimaced, half-heartedly throwing a ball at the younger turtle.

"You just don't have taste." Mikey rolled his eyes before leaving.

Leo sighed. Casey told them that Willow would only be gone for an hour. Well, it's been three hours and Willow still wasn't here. He started to wonder if she was avoiding him.

Maybe he'd been too rude yesterday about her spying on the foot. Of course, he had already apologized, but that didn't mean Willow wasn't still mad at him.

Did it?

Casey poked April. "Are you still sour?"

"I cannot believe she would stalk my best friend like this!" April exploded. "It's so rude!"

"It's not like she's going to find anything." Casey pointed out. "Erma is the most boring person on the planet."

April growled. "Yeah, but clearly, if Willow isn't back, then she's watching Erma. She's been watching Erma for three hours! Three hours!"

"I thought you told Erma." Casey stated.

"Yeah." April crossed her arms. "Erma said she didn't see Willow. And Erma is at her home with the curtains closed."

Leo glanced at the time. "Well, it will be getting dark soon. We can go out and look for her, or Donnie can text her."

April's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, I forgot Donnie had her number!"

Leo felt a small twinge of jealous at that statement. April launched off the couch and ran to Donnie's lab. Casey and Leo followed behind her.

Raph glanced up at them before huffing and reluctantly following.

April barged into the lab, causing Donnie to flinch in surprise. The dropper he was holding shook, dropping way too many chemicals into the retromutagen.

It exploded in his face.

Donnie sighed and turned to them in annoyance, his entire head covered in soot. "What happened to knocking?"

April ran over. "It's an emergency."

Donnie stood up immediately. "What's wrong?"

"April is overreacting about Willow spying on her friend." Raph stated dully.

Donnie glared at him and then smiled at April. "That's not overreacting! Willow shouldn't be spying on your friends."

Leo rolled his eyes. He didn't really care if Willow spied on Erma, he just wanted to know if she was still mad at him.

Donnie grabbed his phone. "I'll just text her and ask..."

He trailed off, his eyes reading something on the screen.

"What?" Leo asked.

Donnie frowned in confusion. "Uh, Willow texted me already. About two and a half hours ago. She said she'd be here in ten minutes."

"Ten minutes?" Leo repeated. "But it's been hours, where is she?"

"Maybe she got lost in the sewers?" Casey suggested.