Chapter 23: Incredibly Convenient

Raph growled. "They should have been back by now. We should have gone after Leo."

Karai frowned. "This is my fault, but we made our decisions. There's nothing we can do now."

"We should go look for them." Raph grabbed his sais. "Who knows if Willow's mother has found them by now?"

"Rest assured, she won't be an issue anymore."

Both of them whirled around in surprise as Leo slide their bedroom window open. Raph sighed in relief before glaring.

"Why the shell would you go get Willow by yourself, stupid?"

Willow climbed in behind Leo, holding a wooden sword which was bloody. "I didn't need his help."

"Y-your leg!" Karai realized. "You're walking!"

Willow smirked. "That makes one of us."

Suddenly, she lunged forward, swipping the blade at Karai's head. The kunoichi yelped and jumped back, the tip slicing straight through the armour on her chest, but not piercing her skin.

"Willow!" Raoh yelled. "What the-"

Leo grabbed his brother and slammed the red turtle into the table. "We thirst for the blood of our enemies."

"You thirst for space heroes!" Raph gasped. "Blood is disgusting!"

Leo frowned and then rammed Raph's head into the table again. The door was flung open as Mikey ran in, his eyes wide in surprise.

The orange turtle ran over to Willow, who's pummel had already knocked Karai to the ground and point was directed at the other girl's throat.

"I KNEW IT!" He yelled, pulling out his chains. "YOU ARE JEALOUS!"

Willow tried to slice at him, but Mikey easily ducked and kicked her into the wall. "But you're still a lame fighter."

Willow snarled and moved forward, her eyes dark red as she lunged at him again. Mikey grabbed the sword.

"Uh, we have better swords than this."

Black tendrils wrapped around his hand, but Mikey didn't seem to notice. Willow's eyes widened and she tried to take it back, but Mikey snapped the sword in two almost thoughtlessly.

"Let's kill Karai later." He suggested.

Leo and Willow both suddenly collapsed, falling to the ground and coughing. Raph groaned and sat up, patting Leo's shell.

"You good man?"

A black substance splattered onto the floor and he nodded weakly. "Weird sword stuff."

Willow wiped her mouth after the same substance came from her as well. Then she looked at Karai.

"I'm so sorry!" She gasped. "I didn't mean to and I couldn't stop it and-"

Karai held out her hand. "Yeah, I get it. Don't worry, I'm absolutely not into Leo anymore."

"What?"

Mikey wrapped his arm around Willow and smiled as he pulled her to her foot. "You're a strange girl, you know?"

Willow frowned. "How did you grab the sword?"

Mikey laughed and walked away. "With my hand."

"Inner darkness." Leo said quietly as he approached her. "Mikey is the opposite of darkness."

"Convenient." Willow muttered, grabbing the wall for support, since her crutch was missing.

He cleared his throat nervously. "So, uh, you killed your mom."

Willow frowned. "Yeah."

Leo sighed and walked over. "It's been a long night."

"It's been a long few weeks." Willow retorted, wrapping her arms around his neck as he picked her up. "We could use a long and uninterrupted nap."

The thought of it was so appealing that Leo yawned. He kicked their door open and locked it behind them.

"The others probably would like answers." She sighed.

"Well, I'd like a nap." Leo laid down on the couch and set her atop himself. "And I can't sleep without knowing your safe with me."

Willow smiled and rolled over, pressing her ear against his plastron.

"Okay."

🕒 TIME SKIP: FIVE YEARS 🕒

"HAMATO RAPHAEL, I SWEAR IF YOU-"

Leo suddenly shot out of the living room, his face a mask of pure fury as he charged at Casey. The teenager tried his hardest to turn and run, but it was no use.

Leo pinned him to the wall and snarled. "Casey... What did I tell you about being loud when others are sleeping?"

"Leonardo." Splinter stepped through the doorway and gave his son the stink eye. "What did I tell you about attacking people?"

Leo huffed, throwing Casey a glare before he let the man go.

Splinter nodded in satisfaction. "Now where are they?"

Leo grinned and led his father further into the farmhouse, which had been redecorated since the last time Splinter had visited.

They walked into a room and Willow looked up, grinning at them from her wheelchair. "How is Casey?"

"Alive." Leo grumbled, taking a seat next to her.

Splinter walked forward slowly, his eyes on the bundle in Willow's hands. She held it out as he got closer, revealing three small faces tucked close to one another.

One appeared to be a human baby, while the other two were almost exact replicas of Leo fresh out of the mutagen spill.

He smiled. "My grandchildren."

Willow pointed to the human baby. "This is Vincent."

Splinter smiled. "After Vincent Van Go?"

Leo stood at his father's side. "It was my idea. Consisering we were all named after Italian Renaissance painters, I thought they should be too."

He showed the baby turtle mutant in the middle. "This is Elisabetta."

"And the third?" Splinter questioned.

Willow's eyes twinkled happily. "His name is Yoshi."