Chapter 20: Relations and Revelations

Everything almost seemed normal in the morning.

Splinter was gone, they weren't in the lair, and New York was taken over by aliens and the Footclan; yet, somehow, with the fog of sleep hanging over them, everyone was shuffling around the farmhouse and whining just like they did every morning.

There was a significant lack of pizza, though.

Leo carried her into the kitchen and dropped her off on the counter. She started to attack her crutch to her forearm as he rummaged around for food.

Just a bunch of cans. It wasn't entirely unsurprisingly, considering no one had lived here in years, but it was disappointing.

Raph came walking in and raised his eyebrows at his brother being the one in the kitchen. "What's on the menu, chief Leonardo?"

"Corn." Leo tossed a can to the red turtle with a frown. "Lots and lots of corn forever and ever."

Something red caught his eye and Leo frowned, walking over to Raph. Raph frowned at his brother's advance to took a step back. He glanced at Willow.

"Is there something wrong with him?"

Willow shrugged.

Leo grabbed Raph's face, but Raph tried to slap him away. The blue turtle was unperturbed and moved Raph's head to the side, his eyes widening in horror.

He released Raph immediately.

"What the shell was that?" Raph demanded.

Leo's mouth spasmed for a moment. "You... have red lipstick on your cheek."

Raph's eyes turned into giant saucers and he quickly rubbed his face. "M- maybe I just- there was rust on my pillow!"

Leo shook his head. "That's the shape of lips!"

Willow raised an eyebrow. "Only Karai wears red lipstick."

Raph sputtered. "Pftttt! You think I'd let the Princess of the Footclan kiss me!? Ugh! Gross!"

"I thought you enjoyed it." Karai stated, walking into the kitchen calmly. "Too bad you didn't leave any green on me."

Raph panicked even worse, promptly Leo and Willow to erupt in laughter. Leo grabbed Raph's arm and grinned.

"You made out with Karai." He chuckled. "I'm going to enjoy telling Splinter about this."

"You made out with her too!" Raph deflected.

Willow threw a spatula at Raph. "A long time ago!"

"Wasn't that long." Karai smirked.

Willow picked up another spatula. "Don't make me throw this."

"What happened to you not trusting her?" Leo asked curiously.

"She helped us escape the invasion of our city by Shredder. What could convince me more?" Raph demanded.

"Well, I could be simply leading the Shredder to our location so he can kill you all once and for all." Karai told him.

"Except that's a stupid plan and you know it. Shredder would be fighting us on our turf instead of inside a city where he has allies and control." Raph pointed out.

She smirked. "Smart and handsome."

"Gross. I have lost me appetite." Leo put his can on the counter and gagged.

"Now you know how I felt." Raph muttered.

Leo ignored him and walked toward the door.

"Wait, take me with you!" Willow held out her arms to him. "I'm too lazy to walk."