Chapter 8: Wilting Willow

Donnie had taken Mikey back to the lair, while Raph remained with Leo on the roof next to the hospital. The two of them had been sitting here for hours, and Raph, despite his impatience, hadn't spoken a word.

April and Casey were in the hospital, trying to find out how Willow was, but the turtles hadn't gotten any word back.

It was almost two in the morning when Casey came walking out with April in tow. The two of them found their way up to the roof quickly and Leo rushed over with Raph at his heels.

"How is she?" He demanded.

April looked away.

"Not great." Casey sighed. "But she's out of surgery and awake."

"Does she remember what happened?" Raph asked, cracking his knuckles.

"We don't know." April replied. "They wouldn't let us see her because we weren't family or in her contacts. We'd have called you to tell you this instead of coming all the way out here, but security kicked us out for trying to sneak in."

Leo frowned. "Why didn't you talk to her parents?"

"They weren't there." Casey answered. "One of the nurses were trying to get in contact with them, but no one was answering."

April nodded. "I heard someone say an officer had been sent to go get them."

"On the bright side, though, I managed to snag this." Casey grinned, pulling a file out from under his shirt.

Leo grabbed it and opened it, Raph leaning over his shoulder to read it. A bunch of science words and pictures were on it.

"Thought Donnie would be here." April added.

Leo put it down, having no idea what any of it meant. "He's watching Mikey."

Leo glanced at the building. "Is there a hospital window?"

April and Casey glanced at each other. "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Raph crossed his arms. "Answer the question, my brother has a girlfriend to talk to."

The two humans sighed.

"Yeah." April told them reluctantly. "East side."

Leo nodded and handed the file off to Raph, who took it, despite the sour look on his face.

Leo made his way to the east side of the building and started searching through windows until he spotted a familiar form laying on a hospital bed.

Willow was watching the doctor, her eyes dark with sadness. Leo crouched down, waiting until the doctor left and shut the door behind him.

Quickly, he slid the window open and threw a ninja star at the camera in the corner. Then he jumped through and locked the door quietly.

"Leo?" Willow whispered. "What are you doing in here?"

"I had to come see you." Leo replied, walking closer and sitting down on the chair next to her bed. "How are you?"

Willow looked down at her hands, one of which was encased in bandages. "I don't know."

Leo offered a small smile. "At least you're alive."

"If I was dead, I wouldn't be so..." Willow sighed. "I was gone for three days. Where was I?"

Leo blinked. "You don't know what happened?"

"I don't even remember going to school that morning. I remember talking to you and then going to bed." Willow explained. "The doctors said I sustained minor brain damage."