Chapter 10: Best Friends

"Alright, yeah... No. No! No! NO!"

Willow grabbed Donnie's face as she fell and latched onto him. Donnie sputtered and stumbled forward, resulting in Willow tightening her grip and wrapping her good leg around him.

"Willow!" Donnie yelled. "Get off of me!"

"I don't want to fall!" She shouted.

Casey and April burst into laughter. Leo sighed and pulled Willow off of Casey.

"For the last time, Willow," Donnie huffed, "just lean on the dang crutches."

"What if they break?" She demanded.

"They're made of metal!"

"They're hollow! I weigh over a hundred pounds! These little sticks are gonna snap like Raph when Mikey smacks him!" Willow exclaimed.

Donnie growled and picked up the crutches. "I am in charge here. You lean on the crutches. Got it?"

Willow scowled. "If I fall, I'm gonna break your face."

"Yeah, sure. Feel free to." Donnie rolled his eyes and handed it to her. "Just lean on the crutches."

Willow shoved her wrists back into their places and hobbled out of Leo's arms. The blue clothed turtle sat back down next to Casey.

Donnie stood next to Willow. "Lean on it."

Willow shifted her weight to them for a moment and then started leaning on her good leg again.

"Stop. This is how you lost control last time." Donnie reminded her. "Lean on the crutches, woman."

Willow growled. "I am!"

"No you're not! Your arm muscles aren't constructing!"

Leo groaned. "Willow, come on!"

Willow whipped around and glared at him. "You ever done trust fall?"

"Yeah-"

"Duh! Everyone does it!" Willow exclaimed. "And you know what? Nobody actually falls! They don't trust anyone to catch them! I'm playing trust fall with a bunch of sticks, and I DO NOT trust them."

Leo rolled his eyes. "Look, if you want to walk, you're going to have to trust them. It's now or later. Don't waste your time."

"I- I- Ugghhhh!"

Willow shifted her weight on the crutches again and swung herself at Leo forcefully. "You're worse than Donnie!"

"Why? Because I'm right?"

"I'm right too!" Donnie exclaimed.

Willow growled. "Democracy!"

Leo blinked.

"What?"

"That's what I said." Willow scowled, hobbling toward the kitchen.

"Where are you going?" Donnie demanded. "We're not done!"

Willow waved her bandaged hand at him dismissively and kept going.

Donnie growled.

"At least she's walking." April offered him a small smile.

The purple turtle frowned. "I'm going back to my lab. Leo, keep an eye on your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend." Leo told him calmly as he went after Willow.

"Whatever."

Leo stepped into the kitchen and tilted his head. "Willow?"

The girl was gone.