Chapter 15: Beware of Love

Willow and Raph stepped into the lair, where Splinter and April were tending to Casey. Mikey ran straight for the kitchen, so that the injured human could have pizza when he woke up.

"Where is the princess of the footclan?" Raph asked, looking around suspiciously.

"She's with Leonardo and Donatello. Leading away Tigerclaw." Splinter answered.

"I knew it!" Raph growled. "She is working for them!"

Splinter glared. "Karai was misled. She is helping us now."

"I promise I won't do it again."

Raph and Willow turned around, where the three musketeers had returned. Karai looked at Raph apologetically.

"My sons and daughter." Splinter stood. "You've returned quickly."

"Tigerclaw contacted me." Karai explained. "He said to retreat. He's injured."

"By Casey?" April asked in confusion.

Karai nodded toward Willow. "By her."

Raph looked at Willow in surprise. "What?"

"He came to me after he got Casey." Willow explained, holding up Leo's knife. "I stabbed him in the arm."

Leo rushed over. "Did he hurt you?"

Willow shook her head.

"You just keep surprising us, Fluffy." Raph muttered.

"Fluffy?" Karai tilted her head.

"I don't even know." Willow rolled her eyes.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Karai looked immensely uncomfortable sitting on the couch between Mikey and Raph. One of them wanted to stab her, the other wanted to hug her.

Willow grabbed Leo's face and pushed herself up, causing the blue turtle to yell and fall over once she was standing.

"Get." Willow ordered, jabbing her crutch at Raph.

He glared, but stood up. "I could knock you over with my pinkie."

"I could give Mikey a new set of fake roaches." Leo stated.

Willow smirked and sat down next to Karai. "I'm invincible."

"I have to ask," Karai looked at Willow with a frown, "are you and Leo a thing?"

Willow grinned. "I'm glad you noticed."

It wasn't as if Willow had purposefully done everything in her power to make it look like Leo was 100% hers whenever Karai was around.

"Anyway..." Willow held out a piece of pizza as a peace offering, "so the Shredder is pretty much ruling over all of New York's criminal organizations, right?"

Karai nodded.

"I was wondering if you or he knew anything about whoever kidnapped me." Willow questioned.

Karai shook her head. "I'm sure Shredder knows, but I didn't really care, so I didn't ask."

The cold, hard truth. Willow winced. Ow.

"Okay." Leo scooted closer. "Then do you know anything about the Shredder's alliance with the Kraang?"

"Shredder isn't allied with the Kraang." Karai frowned. "Where did you get that idea?"