7.

A MONTH LATER

el continued her cycle of forcing herself on the bus and leaving at the same stop, never more.

she cursed at herself for how she still haven't overcome the bus, going further than 6 stops but it is what is.

but she had gotten skinner though and that made her smile a little at least.

as of right now, she weighed 93 pounds and the happiness she felt when she smiled in the mirror in the morning was why she continued.

no matter if her smile was tired, or weak, she wanted to smile.

a way she found to make herself to sleep peacefully without nightmares were to take sleeping pills along with aspirins to cure the headaches and the sharp pain she always felt in her heart and stomach.

but she was beginning to think that she was getting addicted and was starting to rely on it.

she was getting more and more tired by the day.

hiding away on the roof this time, she found a shaded spot and sat there with her music sheet on her lap, trying her best to distract herself.

but as time passed, she somehow found herself losing interest and the only thing interesting her as of the moment was looking over the edge of the railings.

it was high but she could climb it.

she looked down, seeing how it was high but not too high. "will i die?" she asked then stilled when she realised what she had just asked out loud.

el, don't think of such thing. you'll get better and leave to heal from whatever was happening.

sitting back down, she pulled up the sleeve of her sweater up to check out the dark purple bruises and the cuts she made herself.

"what did i do wrong?" she mumbled to herself.

why did he hit her?

her eyes tipped down and she curled up with her arms hugging around herself before she gently hit her head back on the wall repeatedly.

one day, she felt like she was on top of the world being an upcoming scientist but the next.. she dreaded each second and wished that she disappeared, no matter how and no matter if she needed to do it herself or not.

"el," leo called out to her right before she left the school.

she hummed tiredly, turning around and avoiding his gaze. "did you need something?"

"no, baby," he tried to cup her face, "i wanted to—"

she moved away with a small flinch. "i need to pick up my sister from school," she mumbled. "maybe another time,"

his mood suddenly changed drastically. "you're blowing me off for your fucking sister!?"

el held onto the strap of her bag, looking down to the grass below her feet without emotion.

"okay," she whispered, looking up slowly before walking away with a little weak smile.

"fucking come back here," he whispered lowly, gritting through his teeth as he pulled her back by the arm.

"what?" she asked weakly. "let me go. i really have to pick her up,"