33.

el smiled, yelping as mike tripped over something with her sat on his shoulders. "do not drop me!"

"don't worry 'bout it," he said, taking her around the house to retrieve biscuit before heading back to the kitchen.

she tugged on his curls a little like he was a remote controller. something she did the whole time they were baking to allow mike to know what she wanted him to do.

"beep boop, michael wheeler! the cupcake is going to explode if you don't get a move on!"

"yes, madam!" he looked up for a quick second before taking the cupcakes out. "see, they're all so perfect,"

she hung her hands over his shoulder then laid the side of her face on his hair. "i know."

leaning down, he pressed a kiss to the back of her wrist then took off the mitten. "we'll let these cool first," he said and she hummed, then nodded.

"mike," she murmured, "your birthday is coming up.. what should we do?"

"i don't mind.. we can just chill at home,"

she gasped. "we can't do that! it's your birthday, we can't just stay home, mike! there must be something you want to do,"

he hummed. "i really don't mind.. as long as you're there, then i'll be happy."

a little giggle escaped her. "wow, how cute," she mumbled then played with his hair, holding it up in two pigtails.

when he felt what she was doing, he spoke up. "don't even think about it."

"but it's cute!"

"absolutely not," he said as she let go and leaned her head down his shoulder for her to look at him face to face. "but you'd look so cute!"

he shook his head. "you'd look cute but not me,"

she pouted, jutting out her bottom lip. "you don't love me?"

"what!? i never said that—!"

"then just let me put a little one in.. no one's gonna see anyways!"

he grunted, waving a hand to tell her to get on with it and she practically squealed before putting a pigtail in with her hair tie securely tied around it.

pulling out her phone, she leaned back a bit to take a photo of him and when he realised what she was doing, his eyes widened and tried to reach for the phone.

laughing, she pulled back. "no one's gonna know. it's for my eyes only,"

he looked at her. "you sure?"

she nodded with confidence.

"max won't have her hands on this photo?"

she shook her head. "nope!"

he made another sound. "fine," he turned away to take the bowl and ingredients in for them to make the buttercream.

leaning in, she gave him a kiss on the corner of his lips. "i love you," she whispered in a sing song voice and his lips instantly tugged up at her words.

"i love you too," he rested his hands on her knees to keep her steady before saying. "come on, we gotta make the buttercream now,"

"i know!" she exclaimed, then tugged on his hair. "put the egg stuff in, and then the other thingy,"

he chuckled and nodded. "such informative information, i will definitely follow," he teased, then looked at the recipe before making their buttercream,"

"hi mom," mike walked around the house with the phone on speaker, trying to find biscuit.