23.

"el?" mike asked, walking into the kitchen at 6am for work.

el looked up, a blanket wrapped around her along with a tired smile on her face. "hi, morning. i couldn't really sleep so i figured why not make you lunch and breakfast. i don't want you eating little sandwiches, they're not enough,"

he gently beamed. "you didn't have to, el."

she shrugged and finished the lunch box. "i wanted to. i made a sausage omelette which is new for me so please try it."

he grinned and sat down with a nod before el set down the plate. "so what lunch did you make?" he asked as she gave a look, her hands on her hips.

"that is a surprise. tell me how it is at lunch, okay?" she reminded him and gave him some coffee. "i packed you a bottle of juice too. you can have some coffee now,"

mike tipped his head up and grinned widely at her. "thank you for doing this,"

"you're welcome!" her excitement and happiness grew. "come on, come on. try it!"

he took a bite of her food, chewing on it before looking at her. "wow,"

"it's good!?"

"hells yes!" he pulled her down for a hug. "thank you,"

she smiled and hugged onto him, her hands around his neck. "you're welcome. i'm glad you like it,"

"now i'm excited for lunch," he smirked and wiggled a brow, a giggle erupting from her in response.

she pulled back with a teasing smile. "you just have to wait." she looked up at the clock. "don't be late," she stood up straighter.

he grumbled something. "i over slept like a little,"

she giggled. "sure," she then ruffled his curls. "i'll put your lunch by the front door so you don't forget,"

he nodded. "okay, thanks,"

she smiled again then grabbed the small bag she placed the food in before heading down the hall to the front door.

looking at the small table by the door, she set the food there since everyone's keys were there and he wouldn't forget.

"shit, shit! i'm so late!" he suddenly yelped and el muffled her chuckle. "told you!"

he groaned, rushing out of the kitchen as he grabbed his bag. "bye, el. have a good day with your sister and abby. call me if you need anything," he gave her a quick hug and pecked her temple.

she blushed a little at the gesture, her cheeks heating up. "bye.. text me at lunch,"

he opened the front door then turned and gave another wide smile.

she waved at him till he got into his car and she continued to watch until he pulled out of the driveway and turned down the street.

"hm.. hello?" el picked up her phone with a yawn after it woke her up.

"el! wake up! let's hang out!" max screamed as el mumbled something. "i was gonna go shopping with ava and abby today though,"

"oh.."

el rubbed her eyes and sat up. "you can join us though. girls day,"

"yay!" max cheered. "i have a day off and i'm bored as fuck," she mumbled. "i'll be over in 10!"

"ten— max? max?" she pulled the phone away when she realised max had hung up.