36.

el's eyes shot open, a giggle escaping her lips.

it was the day before mikes birthday, which meant the day she was going to start his present.

she would've started earlier but she's too bad at hiding things so she will finish it today and give it to him at midnight tonight.

thankfully, mikes birthday fell on a saturday which allowed them a day out and together.

she turned to a sleeping mike, planting a kiss to the corner of his lips to wake up before sitting back and waiting.

within seconds, he began to stir, a smile on his face as he went to reach for her.

his eyes opened when he couldn't find her and he then realised she was sat criss crossed in front of him instead.

"hi," she whispered as he smiled at her. "morning, sweetheart,"

he grinned at her as she leaned forward and squished his face. "go get ready for work. the faster you go, the faster you come home," she said in a sing song voice.

he laughed at her words. "that's not true,"

she shrugged at him. "it is to me! i'll go make you breakfast!" she was quick to get up to her feet.

he nodded slowly. "thank you,"

she smiled widely and grabbed a cardigan since she was quite cold at the moment. "i'll make you the best breakfast ever. just you wait," she told him quickly and she was already out the door.

smiling, she skipped down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen.

she went through the fridge and pulled out some sausages, ham, eggs, bean and juice.

she was going to make an all day breakfast thing for him.

it didn't take her long since she just needed to toast the bread and place everything else in a pan and when she was done, he had arrived downstairs.

"i made you an all day!" she exclaimed with excitement before setting the plate on the table.

she sat down next to him and smiled extremely widely.

"why are you so smiley?" he asked her and took a taste.

she shrugged. "i can't wait for your present, is all,"

"what's my present?" he asked, wiggling a brow as a giggle escaped her and she blushed just a little.

leaning close, she stopped till their lips were inches apart. "that is a big surprise that you won't get till your birthday,"

he fakes a groan and leaned his forehead down to her shoulder. "how mean of you,"

she laughed, threading her fingers through his hair before kissing his forehead gently. "do you like the breakfast?" she whispered.

he nodded, kissing the exposed skin of her neck. "i love it. it couldn't be any better,"

she smiled and leaned down to him. "be quick. i don't want you to be late,"

he looked up. "if i'm late because i'm slowly enjoying your breakfast, then it's worth it."

she looked down and inspected him closely before caressing his face. "you're so beautiful,"

he softly smiled. "am i?"

she nodded. "yes." she leaned close. "now eat. i really don't want you to be late,"

he nodded, pushing himself up to sit straighter to eat his breakfast.

"this is seriously really good," he mumbled, biting into the food as she giggled quietly. "i could make it all the time for you if you want,"