26.

mike 🦁

you need to stop sneaking out

.. i didn't

el.

ok maybe i did
how do u even know

i don't know maybe because abby is calling me and telling me you're missing??

i left a note

that said 'i left and i'll be back'
i'm not mad but where are you exactly?

the music store

the music store?

ya
i like their piano and the lady here let's me play it
she even gave me a chair!!

you like their piano?

yes MIKE!
that's what i'm saying!!!!!!!!
anyways
i promise
i will be back within half an hour

okay
be careful

i will
promise

good
call me if you need anything ok?

i know
i wanna play now so bye

bye el
and never run off like that again

yes yes

when mike returned home, el was laid down on the couch with her face facing up the ceiling with her hands folded on her stomach.

when she heard the door click, she sat up so quickly that she almost felt dizzy but when she saw mike, she smiled super widely.

"hi!"

he walked over to her, folding his arms on the back of the couch as he leaned in with a smile. "hi," he said back, their faces inches away.

she smiled and he gave a look. "no more running away."

"i didn't!"

he gave another look and she bit down on her lip and looked away. "maybe i did.."

"yes, you did." he agreed.

"but i wanted to play the piano!" she went to defend herself and before he could respond, she continued. "and.. yes, my note was bad. i admit it. i won't do it again,"

he smiled, kissing her hair gently before standing up straighter. "i know you won't. come on, let's get ready for dinner."

she frowned and shook her head.

"no head shaking. go on," he said and she jutted out her bottom lip and put on the best pout. "but me and biscuit were having fun."

although her expression was the cutest thing he had ever witnessed, he turned his head and nodded his head at biscuit at the top of her cat tree tower.

"she's facing the ceiling, paws up, meowing. she'll probably want dinner as well,"

el stood and grabbed biscuit from the tree. "fine..."

he motioned to walk back over to her and without a thought, she did. she walked right into his arms, having biscuit in between them as she hugged onto him.

he set his chin on the top of her head as he rubbed her back up and down. "i'm not mad at you for today, okay?"

she nodded against him. "i know."

he smiled and pulled back. "go on now, i'll get changed."

she nodded happily and whispered to biscuit as they walked away to get ready for dinner.