27.

el remained quiet the whole ride back from the airport, a small frown on her face.

mike tried his best to cheer her up but he knew that he couldn't do much.

when they arrived home, el instantly went to find biscuit for comfort and when she did, she laid down on the couch with biscuit laid on her stomach.

mike walked to her after allowing her to be alone for a while and then kneeled down to her, brushing some hair away from her face. "it's okay you're sad," he told her and she nodded in response.

"can i get you anything?" he asked quietly and she shook her head.

"not even a loli?"

she shook her head.

that wasn't a good sign.

he let out a sigh and held her hand. "okay.. i'll get you a blanket then," he pressed a kiss to her hair before standing up.

she grabbed onto his wrist. "mike,"

he stopped and turned. "yes?"

"movie," she mumbled. "watch with me?"

he smiled and nodded. "yeah, let me get us a blanket first,"

she nodded and let go of his hand to allow him to walk away.

soon later, he came back with a large blanket and placed it over her and biscuit as well to keep them warm.

she moved sides to lean up against mike and then placed the blanket over him as well.

he wrapped an arm around her and then turned on the tv. "what movie?"

she shrugged. "i don't mind. you can choose,"

he nodded and picked out an animated film just as el rested her head on his lap sideways.

biscuit crawled upwards till her head was snuggled against el's chest and as an instinct, el wrapped her arms around her pet in a protective manner.

el turned and looked up at mike. "you're pretty from this angle."

he looked down and smiled. "thanks,"

she blinked. "you're not gonna tell me i'm pretty too?"

"you're not pretty."

her smile dropped a bit.

"you're way more than that." he said, "ethereal. breathtaking. you're not just pretty in my eyes," he told her, then gently tapped her nose. "from every single angle."

she smiled slowly. "thank you," she whispered before saying. "i think i want that loli now,"

he chuckled and brushed his thumb over her cheek, making her eyes close at the comfort. "okay, let me go get one for you."

she nodded against his hand and lifted herself from his lap for him to grab the candy from the kitchen.

mike held el's forehead before she fell forward at the dining table.

her eyes opened and closed before she realised she was falling asleep. "sorry," she mumbled. "sorry,"

he stood up. "come on, sweetheart, let's get you to bed," he helped her up from her seat at the table as she leaned against him.

he smiled at abby. "i'll be right back," he said and helped el up the stairs.

when they made it upstairs, he laid el down on her bed and put the blanket over her.