Chapter two

CHAPTER TWO: the hybrid

]|I{•------» ꌃꋪꂦ꓄ꃅꍟꋪ ꍏꈤꀸ ꌗꀤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪ «------•}I|[

JENSEN GILBERT WAS RUDLY AWAKEN BY BEING PULLED OFF OF HIS BED. In a blind-panic moment, Jensen had reached over his nightstand, taking the hardcover book and throwing it.

"Ow! Jensen!" Elena complained, rubbing her head.

"Elena?" Jensen questioned.

"I'm going to Alaric's to see if he knows anything about Stefan."

Jensen nodded, getting up.
]|I{•------» ꌃꋪꂦ꓄ꃅꍟꋪ ꍏꈤꀸ ꌗꀤꌗ꓄ꍟꋪ «------•}I|[

Elena knocked on the door.

"Go away, Damon!" Alaric yelled from inside.

Jensen looked at his sister before they high start to knock again. The door opens, which had opened.

"Hi." Elena says.

Alaric clears his throat, awkwardly, buttoning up his pants. "You're, uh...not who I expected."

"I need you to tell me what you know about Stefan and Tennessee."  Elena quickly told him.

Alaric walked back into his room. "Did you miss the part where I checked out of all this?"

"No, we get that. But, we were hoping that you knew at least a little bit of information. Being Damon's only friend and all," Jensen says

"Come on, Ric. Whatever Damon knows, you know." Elena told him.

"Ask Damon."

"Yeah, but Damon's not exactly in the mood to help right now."

"When is he ever?" Jensen muttered, crossing his arms.

"For good reason. Because it's not safe for you. Stefan's off the rails." Alaric tells the two.

"Yeah, but he's still holding on to his humanity, which means he can still be saved."
Elena reasoned.

"And why do you have to be the one to save him?"

"Because I'm not the kind of person who checks out. Look, he would never give up on me. I'm not gonna give up on him. Tell me what you know, Ric. Please."