Chapter fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: dangerous liaisons

-·=»‡«=·- ᴮᴿᴼᵀᴴᴱᴿ ᴬᴺᴰ ˢᴵˢᵀᴱᴿ -·=»‡«=·-

JENSEN GILBERT PACED BACK AND FORTH IN THE HOSPITAL. They were waiting for Alaric.

"How's Mr. Saltzman?" Matt asked when Elena and Jensen walked up to him.

"Resigned to spending the night in observation, so long as I promise to change the lock on the house," Elena answered. "So I talked to Bonnie earlier. She and her mom are fine. Have you talked to Caroline?"

"Yeah, she's holding it together, considering how close she and her dad used to be. Any word on who's behind these attacks?" Matt asked back.

"No, Sheriff Forbes said there's no real suspects at all." Jensen answered

They're now walking outside the hospital in the parking lot.

"How are you dealing with everything? I mean, you keep getting dragged into all of this." Elena told the blue-eyes boy.

"Honestly...I'm kind of lucky, the only thing that I have to worry about for tomorrow, is showing up for my shift at the Grill."

"Thank you, for everything today. Really."

"Get home safe."

"Thanks."

Elena sighs and walks to her car. Matt gets into his car and reverses out. Elena and Jensen's wave to him from inside her car as he's driving away. Elena starts her car, starts reversing, and hits something. She stops driving immediately.

"You are not allowed to drive anymore!" Jensen told her, as he got out.

She gets out of her car and checks her bumper. The twins look at the empty space in confusion. They turn back around, Jensen following to beat Elena to the front seats, when suddenly, Rebekah appears.

"Drive much?" Rebekah asked.

"Rebekah." Elena gasped out.

Rebekah grabs Elena and pushes her against her car. Jensen moved to pull Rebekah back, the girl ignored him. "Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt." Rebekah gets tired of Jensen moving to pull her off-making her use more pressure on Elena- and pushed him back.

Jensen doesn't hit the ground, arms wrapping around his waist and easily lifting him up. He was quickly placed on his feet. And then Rebekah was pinned to the car, making her left go of Elena.