Chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE: homecoming

░▒▓█►─═ ꍗꋪꉻ꓄ꃬꏂꋪ ꋬꂚꂟ ꑄ꒐ꑄ꓄ꏂꋪ ═─◄█▓▒░
JENSEN GILBERT HAD BEEN ANNOYED TO DISCOVER THAT THE OTHERS HAD DAGGERED REBEKAH. "The guy is an abusive father. Are we sure the rest of the Mikaelson family deserved to die so we can have Klaus dead?"

Damon groaned, annoyed. "Don't tell me you actually care about Elijah."

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena and Jensen in here. He tried to grab both of the , so he could use them as bait," Stefan suggested.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked Stefan.

"No, we vervained him!" Damon speaks. "This guy is an Original. To make it realistic."

"If we wanted to make it realistic, we would call everyone else. I still think Mikael would be able to kill you both, vervain or not. Sorry, Stefan," Jensen spoke.

Damon looked offended and annoyed.

Stefan sighed. "Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena says.

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point!" Damon realized. "You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. And paranoid. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Jensen says.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikaelson spoke, entering the room.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked.

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what?" Stefan questions. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?"

Mikael dipped a dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree. "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."