Chapter seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: break on through

]|I{•------» ꃃ꒓ꆂ꓅ꑛꍟ꒓ ꋫꁹꁕ ꌚꂑꌚ꓅ꍟ꒓ «------•}I|[

THEY WERE IN THE HOSPITAL, WATCHING FROM BEHIND THE LARGE GLASS WINDOW AS ALARIC LAID DOWN ON THE TABLE.  Which was moving up by one of the nurses so that Alaric could be placed into the M.R.I machine.

"What are you looking for?" Elena questioned.

"I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it." Meredith explained.

"And if it's not?" The twins asked.

"Well, then we'll deal with that too."

"When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?" Jensen questioned. He had thought about calling Elijah for help, but decided against it.  Just incase whatever the hell was going on with Alaric, he would try to kill Elijah.

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies," Meredith says.

"But then, why did you protect him?" Elena asked.

"Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him."

Jensen looked at the woman, back at Alaric in the machine.  "What's going on?"

"Everything all right in there?" Meredith asked through the mic.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay."
]|I{•------» ꃃ꒓ꆂ꓅ꑛꍟ꒓ ꋫꁹꁕ ꌚꂑꌚ꓅ꍟ꒓ «------•}I|[

They he's gone back to Alaric's hospital room, to allow him to get back into his normal clothes.

"Meredith says that everything is normal," Elena announced.

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach,"Alaric looks down at the ring, which is the only thing he hasn't picked back up. " Or I did and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor who wore that ring."

"Look, we'll figure this out. Alright?" Jensen tells the man. He had been reading the Gilbert journal. And he planned to read all of them, seeing if any told them any more information about the ring.