Chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT: ordinary people

Ⓑⓡⓞⓣⓗⓔⓡ ⓐⓝⓓ ⓢⓘⓢⓣⓔⓡ

JENSEN GILBERT WALKED ALONG SIDE HIS TWIN SISTER, ELENA GILBERT. The two were following their history teacher/guardian in the tunnels in the Lockwood cellar.

"So, the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena questioned.

"Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light," Alaric told instead of answering.

"Wait, what?" Elena asked.

When a voice lowly called for her behind the twins, Jensen immediately swung his fist in the direction of the voice.

Elena gasps. "Ah! God, Damon!" She hit his arm.

Damon looks at Jensen, as if the other had offended him. "Scaredy-cat!"

"Next time, I'm bringing a stake," Jensen threatened.

"Just ignore him. That's what I do," Alaric told the twins.

"So, you really can't get in?" Elena asked Damon.

"No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire," Damon walked pass the twins.

"Clearly they met you," Jensen snapped at him.

"What do you mean, ancient?" Elena asked.

Damon gestures forward. "See for yourself." They walk further into the tunnels, to the cave with drawings on the walls. "Well, this is as far as I get to go." Damon moved out of the way to let the twins by.

Elena enters the chamber and shines her
flashlight on the walls with the drawings. Jensen does the same, confused at the drawings. "What does it mean?"

"What is all this?" Elena asked.

"Well, as far as I can tell, it's a story." Alaric answred. "In simple, archaeological terms, it's a really, really old story." He points at the wall. "That right there, is the moon cycle." He gestured to another drawing. "A man, a wolf."

Elena stares at the drawings. "A werewolf."

"Yeah, it's the 'Lockwood Diaries: Pictionary-Style.'" Damon speaks.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the Original Founders in the 1860s,"  Elena says.

"I don't know. Maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that."