Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR: disturbing behavior

••¤('×[¤ ᏰᏒᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ ᏗᏁᎴ ᏕᎥᏕᏖᏋᏒ ¤]×')¤••

"I just don't know why you want to bring chili to a potluck. Everybody brings chili." Damon complained. When Alaric walks in, the Raven-haired vampire looked up. "Hey, Ric."

"What's up?" Alaric asked back.

"What time do you want to go to the Lockwood party?" Elena asked the history teacher.

"Ah. Those founders parties aren't really my thing," Alaric says.

Jensen laughed. "Ha. He thinks he had a voice. How funny is this guy?"

"Just make your damn Chili," Damon says, he turned to Alaric. "Show up, there's going to be nine other people that brought chili."

"It's an old family recipe, okay?" Elena snapped at him.

"I'm not making chilie! I'm making chicken soup and a cake. Dumb shit," Jensen muttered.

"Yeah! I know. I knew your old family. They made sucky chili," Damon says, moving over and gently hip-checking Elena. He smiled down at her. Which had caused her to laugh.

Both Alaric and Jensen looked at the two, then looking at each other, then back at Damon and Elena. Alaric was the one to question them. He looked at Damon. "Why are you here, exactly?"

Damon turned his head. "She knows."

"He thinks I'm going to break," Elena explained. "I'm not going to break. I am just going to keep making chili, pretend like I didn't just spend the entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found."

"She's in denial," Damon whispered

Elena glared at him, also whispering. "I'm not in denial."

"No?" He then moved closer and touched her necklace, he lifts it up. "You're still wearing this necklace. Isn't this the reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?"

Alaric watches them. Jensen glanced back and forth, still chopping the ingredients for the soup up.
••¤('×[¤ ᏰᏒᎧᏖᏂᏋᏒ ᏗᏁᎴ ᏕᎥᏕᏖᏋᏒ ¤]×')¤••

The doorbell had been rung, Elena going to answer it. "I'm back!" Bonnie's voice rang out through the house.

Jensen turned the stove off, quickly walking over.