✨35

Hiiiiii! Oh my goodness, it's been such a long time since the last time I updated this story, but now I'm back with a new update. I don't know how many of you are still here, but for those who are, I appreciate your support enormously. I came back mostly because I missed writing and because I hate leaving things unfinished. I'll try my best to finish this story, and update it as much as I can. I love you all.💕

Elizabeth's pov

I sat at the far end of James's room's large table, drinking wine as the maid set the plate with food in front of me. He was smiling, and I was doing my best to appear to be having a good time.

I'd rather have spent my night naked, tangled in the sheets, playing with my girl's hair. I didn't like his monthly dinners, and after discovering what he did to Valentino, I despised them and his presence even more, but I had to honour the agreement I made.

This deal felt like a curse, and his presence irritated me greatly. I never showed him how much I despised him, even though he was probably aware. When he died, I was relieved because I no longer had to spend my days pretending to love someone I didn't.

I was pleased with myself for how easily I fooled and manipulated him. I couldn't believe I had one of history's most ruthless killers wrapped around my little finger. Of course, my killings were considerably more remarkable than his, but thankfully not as well known.

After the dinner I left and went to the penthouse where I found Estelle sitting on the bed, wearing my shirt, sipping a glass of wine. The cat was asleep on her lap as she gently petted her. I could tell she'd been sobbing since her eyes were red and she looked unhappy.

"What happened?" I sat on the bed and looked at her worried.

"Grace happened." She sighed.

"What did she do and why did you come back this early?"

"She told me to come four hours later than Isabelle just to make fun of me and now she is mad at me thinking I didn't want to come."

"Talk to Isabelle and sort things out, I'm sure she'll understand."

"I should have listened to you. When I wanted to leave after she laughed in my face with Sophie she shouted my name and asked me to take out the trash for her laughing even harder which made me cry."

"What?! Estelle I swear to God if you don't let me kill her I'll do it even if you like it or not."

"I'll see her one last time at Isabelle's birthday and then you can do whatever you want to her."

"How dare she treat you like that?"

"I can't believe I cried over this. It's so stupid goodness.." She buried her head into her hands.

"It's not stupid. You're so strong princess. Remember that."

"I love you so much." I hugged her and stroke her head.

"I love you too. Now, I'm gonna go change and we'll watch whatever you want to make you feel better. Tomorrow I'm taking you at the cinema to watch Minions."

"What? Really?" She looked at me with her big eyes.

"Yes." I smiled.

"You're the best. Get up and let me look at the dress. It's like a dream."

"I knew you'd like it. It's vintage Dior. Actually when I bought it, it wasn't vintage but now it is." I chuckled.

"You have the most impressive wardrobe. It's like a fashion museum."

"You know you're welcome to borrow anything you want."

"Thank you. Can I call Isabelle from your phone? Maybe she'll answer me."