𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

~*~

TWO WEEKS LATER - NOVEMBER - (3rd POV)

Snow soon was gracefully falling with the lingering sweet scent, feeling a soft chilly breeze blowing idly by late at night. Snowflakes glimmering and frozen lakes began to freeze. Yet, things weren't going well within the home, as their mother began to refuse stepping outside. She barely showed herself, and she was given food from the outside door.

Hiroshi would stand at the door, awaiting for her to show herself.

He couldn't understand why she refused to go out, or even see her own children. A few times her voice would grow raspy, or more into a hissing sounds. He grew more concerned wondering why she's behaving this way, or was it some illness again. 

Soon after he decided to call in Nakamura to check on her, hating that fact he hesitated for so long.

The doctor soon arrived and made his way to her room, politely asking her to allow him in. Without another word Hiroshi forced the door open, only to see the place a mess. His eyes widen in response matching Nakamura's expression, before seeing claw marks dragging across the shoji walls. Her tattered futon was in pieces, with claw marks across the tatami floor.

"Leave me alone," She bitterly snapped, turning their attention to a curled up woman in the corner. Quiet sobs leave her lips, as Nakamaru approaches her slowly and cautiously. 

"How are you feeling? What's c--"

"I said get out!" She snapped angrily, before throwing a low table at the men. They both dodged it before realising her strength; it's increased. With her body in the shadows, her appearance was different. Hiroshi turned the light on, before his eyes widen slowly. Her eyes lift up with yellow pupils instead of her beautiful silver ones, along with her skin sickly pale.

"My love?"

"D-Don't look at me, I'm.........hideous," her voice breaks, while her hands shook violently noticing large claws. 

Hiroshi was beyond confused with mixed emotions, seeing her body a little larger and more scaly. Her appearance was far beyond human, noticing her dragon like features. She felt sick, sick to the point she was hungry. Not for normal food, but blood. Her breathing began to grow more rapidly, uneven. Her chest felt heavier, as she noticed her husband standing before her. Fear in his eyes, before rage clouds them.

"What..........are you?"

Her eyes widen turning to him, "I'm human Hiroshi, I'm human!" She beseeched, trying to show she isn't a threat. Yet she felt herself salivating, teeth bared upon the two stunned men. Not long pain soon starts to shoot through her body, it was like on fire. She cried out in pain, before she felt like something else was taking over her own body. Hiroshi only stood there, sword at his hip ready to take action.

"My love.....p-please..." She choked out, but her throat burned before her eyes widen. Soon she met with darkness, as Hiroshi stood before a completely different woman. Her body stood up, only to tower over them. Nakamaru soon makes a run for it, as the demon dangerously glared upon them.

"Blood........flesh.......let me take a bite?!!" She pleads, her voice more raspy like sandpaper. 

Hiroshi's eyes widened with horror, not being able to comprehend what was happening. Only that his wife was no longer with them, but a demon that only craved flesh. Suddenly she charged right through the fusuma doors, which alarmed him. His feet felt stuck to the floor, only to hear screaming outside. The heavy pounding shook the home, the place where his own family flourished.