𝟏𝟔 | 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

~*~

"It's gotta be her," Masachika gestures towards the Demon.

The Demon grins with a icy glare, "Well, well.....who knew that old mirror has some power in it after all?"

For a moment Masachika soon realised what kind of demon we were up against, which was one of the lower moon directly from Muzan Kibutsuji. However I saw no fear in his expression, despite how gruesome and sick this bitch is. Right now, after hearing the story behind what this old man I keep hearing about told Masachika. I saw rage within his eyes. 

This demon long before even giving up her human life, killed her daughter. Even more so, that woman was a monster underneath human skin.

"It certainly didn't do anything to stop my husband from beating me," The Demon continues, with annoyance lacing in her venomous tongue. "I always thought the family stories about it being a talisman were bunk."

"Sae helped us," Masachika spoke up, mostly to himself. Had Sae's spirit cursed her mother, or was she trying to save her from adding to her sins?  

The demon sighs in irritation, "So the girl betrayed me again, did she?"

A gasp inhales sharply when Masachika explodes in rage, "That's a lie! You betrayed her! You killed her by inches! Every time she started to get better, you hurt her again! You poisoned her! Crushed her throat! Slapped her head, broke her legs!!! How could you do that to a child you gave birth to?!" his face headed with red, eyes lit with a burning fury.

The demon betrays no emotion, as if she was bored already by the conversation of old accusations.

Masachika's expression soon to a deep sorrow, "I won't let you get away with this, Yae,"

The woman flinches at the sound of the name that melted off his tongue, her own human name she betrayed many years ago. Her face darkens with a shadow casting over, her voice dripping harshly with venom, "I abandoned that name long ago," she steadily spoke. "MY name is Ubume. A gem of a name bestowed upon me by my lord when he gave me this wonderful new form. I was named by the only one who's ever understood me." her breath caught in her throat, feeling ecstatic. "All I ever wanted was happiness..."

"This woman....." I mutter beneath my breath.

The Demon began to describe her tragic background like any other, how she endured her husband's violence, hoping someday they could be a happy family. Despite her patience, he ruined her, robbed her and finally threatened to run off with some woman he met in a gambling den. She admitted she killed her husband and made it look like an accident, and no one questioned her.

Even though her abuser was gone, her heart remained empty. Wondering why, no matter how hard she worked, she couldn't be happy. Then when he daughter fell ill, Yae discovered that nursing the sick girl filled her with a peace she'd never imagined. As she cared for Sae, she felt the desire to live that way forever.

"But she tried to run away," Ubume's face disappears, to disappointment. "She crawled across the floor, bent on leaving. I was so kind. I did everything for her. And that was how she repaid me."

My jaw clenched tightly, "So you killed your own daughter? Is that what you're saying?" with a steady voice.

"Yes. I did," Ubume smiles contently. The look within her eyes were completely different when she gazes at me, compared how she is with Masachika. It was too comforting to be soft, in regards of speaking to me like I was her child. "But, I regretted it immediately. Once she was dead, I was no longer the brave wife devoted to an abusive husband or the patient mother caring for her sickly daughter. I was nothing. That was when he appeared before me."