𝟏𝟑| 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥

~*~

TWO MONTHS LATER ~ (Sanemi's pov:)

Blood drips down my arm, my arm throbbing painfully while mustering a stoic expression. Yet, I couldn't help grimace at the slightest movement, when I didn't want to collapse just yet. Walking towards the house with my body feeling like lead, and the scent of my blood coaxing the air, I just wanted to sit down. 

"Hi, Sanemi! Injured again, huh?!"

Lifting my head I notice Masachika standing at the front of the building, face bright and filled with energy i didn't want to deal with. "Shut up," I bluntly reply, not giving him a chance to say another.

I could feel his eyes on my gaping wound, that was ghastly and split open when I used my marechi again. Not even caring whether he can see or not, my face shows discontentment towards him, "What are you doing here?"

"Just got back from a mission," Kumeno replies, while his eyes lingered on my wound and exhausted figure. "A kasugai crow told me you'd finished yours too, so I figured we could get a bite together. You used your rare blood again, didn't you? I told you, you have to stop cutting yourself up all the time."

My jaw clenches tightly, "That's none of your business," clicking my tongue sharply, brushing my tousled hair away from my face still sweaty and uncomfortable. Seriously, why can't he just give me, I don't know, forever to just have a break and sleep. Overwhelmed for a moment, Hayami slowly comes into mind. I wonder what she's up to? 

Would she be on a mission or at her brother's estate? Maybe I could see her and rest them, so Kumeno can't find me.....

Trying to push past the loudmouth idiot wanting to go inside, I felt a tight grasp around my arm, "Stop right there. We're going to the butterfly mansion," his voice was more stern, which irritated me more.

"Excuse me?"

Kumeno clicks his teeth, "You need to get that wound treated," he gestures to my arm, before a teasing grin. "You also may need a good scolding from Kocho while you're at it."

"No, you've got to be kidding me," my eyes glare at him, as I step up to Masachika with our noses almost touching with a threatening glance. Me being used everyone else being scared of my fierce scowls put the fear in the hearts of the demon slayers and even the kakushi. It would even make the older demon slayer's flinch. However, Hayami or even Masachika were never effected by my scowls. 

Well for Hayami, she used too.......

"I'm not kidding," said Masachika, his eyes met his firmly. "Not over this."

A subtle growl emanates from my throat, "I told you it's none of your business, Kumeno,"

"Is that so?" Seeing him arch an eyebrow, with a condescending look. "I'm the one who introduced you to our master, Sanemi. I'm basically your big brother."

With an exasperated sigh, "Sanemi this, Sanemi that. Don't call me by my first name like we're friends,"

"You can call me by my first name. Then we'll be even, right?" Kumeno grins ear to ear, his eyes still not moving away from mine. "Ma.Sa.Chi.Ka. Go on, give it a try--"

"You don't get it!!!!!" I snap in frustration, while I attempting to yank my arm from his grasp. But, his fingers dug into my flesh like a turtles beak. Within moments we had a stand off, trying to fight each other to see who will stand. Yet, my body felt heavy and sluggish the more I moved, and how fatigued my body was. Though not many blows were shared, my body suddenly blacked out mid-struggle.