𝟔 | 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

~*~

"How dare you, you will regret that!!!!!!"

He charges with his hands bursting with fresh limbs, before his eyes grew more hungry and fierce. The sudden rush was so fast, but I held my head clear focusing on his movements. They were aggressive, and aimless attacks weren't working by his anger.

Inhaling slowly, "Second form: Dragon Dance!" whispering beneath my heavy breath, before hoisting myself into air doing a flip. His eyes trail upwards, before I slice the centre of his head but not deep enough. Dammit, I've lost too much blood since day one.

Landing on the ground softly, I kept my distance from him.

"Tell me........where did you get that hanafuda earring?" I demand angrily, my hands tighten around the hilt of the katana. It was blue, with my families patterned crest engraved on it.

He growls with confusion, before pointing to the one horn that was still in tact.

"This? Tch..........why?" he seethes through his salivating maws, while still towering tall. My stomach sank the more I questioned, hoping it wasn't him. 

"Just answer the damn question!!!!!!" I snap angrily, that caused his eyes to flicker with fear for only a split second. Soon a slow grin creeps ear to ear, baring his teeth with amusement.

"A boy.........not much old than you actually, hmmmmm," he lengthen his words, wasting my time by every dreading second. "Ahhh that's funny, you two had the same hair........and eyes............no wonder you tasted so sweet and delectable!"

My eyes soon widen with a rush of fear, then anguish settles making me more furious.

"But what does it matter, I've had plenty kids like you," he clicks his tongue, his eye narrow. "But........his blood filled my belly nicely, his flesh was soft and not tough. The feast was amazi--!!!!!"

Without any warning I push myself high in the air, "Second form: Dragon continuous dance!!!!!" my eyes still focusing on him, seeing him taken by surprise with how quiet I moved. My body spirals down as my blade slices around slicing each limb of his off, creating a bloody mess around him. 

Soon my body sneaks from below taking him to my advantage, as he tries attack me. Blocking his attack with one arm, "That was my brother you murdered," my voice deepens, the pain shaking in my voice. "Y-You.......you took him from me, and you will face your punish by death alone."

Without a moment of hesitation I inhale sharply, "Seventh form: Water claw slash!"

Striking three large slices into his flesh, his voice screams at the excruciating pain that I'm inflicted upon him. Soon his head slowly drops in the pool of his own blood, swiping my bloodied blade to clean it off.

Soon as his head disappears slowly, something drops into the still pool of blood.

Bending down I pick up the item tainting my fingertips, as the earring rests in my palm. My body was trembling in pain, the air in my lungs was struggling to partake in allowing to breath. My legs soon give in, as my knees dug into the earth falling flat on my stomach. My chest grew more tighter, but I kept holding onto the hanafuda earring tightly.

Afraid I might forget him, lose him........

Shallows breathes leave my lips, trying to bear the unbearable pain that constantly throbs all over. Warm tears of relief rolls down into the soil beneath my cheek, thankful I took the very demon's life who devoured him. 

With no trace of Natsu, all I had was this earring.

"I did it Natsu.......you can, rest in peace now," I whimper softly, closing my eyes for a moment to gather some more strength. I knew I had at least three more days to go, but I needed to push myself. To survive this, to become something that can protect many others in the future.