𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐫

~*~

A MONTH LATER 

The cherry Blossoms are indeed beautiful this time of year.........

Being under the direct care of Lady Amane, I never got to see Master since I've arrived. With his disease, his wife also treated him whilst doing so with me. I didn't feel as great when she tends to my needs, but I felt like she was being far too kind to allow me under her roof. However she insisted to give me treatment, due to my broken ribs that resulted from the incident.

But for some reason, today was rather different.........

Lady Amane guided me outside to the main meeting area, which was near the main garden of the estate near the verandah. The water fountain's tranquility, made the atmosphere more calming and relaxing to the desired design. Cherry Blossom petals dance in the gentle subtle wind, scattering across the pebbled ground. 

When I step to the pebbled grounds, they grind beneath my careful weight while steadily maintaining my balance. Lifting my gaze from being cautious, my eyes rest upon a row of the four Hashira on their knees. Lady Amane gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze of assurance, before she returns to sit behind Master on the verandah.

Standing there in confusion, I noticed Sanemi's subtle surprise to see me at the Hashira meeting as he studies my figure for a moment.

I knew each of them already, Gyomei Himejima 'The Stone Pillar' then there is Tengen Uzui, a former Shinobi and 'The Sound Pillar'. Next is Giyuu Tomioka, 'The Water Hashira'.......and then I already knew Sanemi 'The Wind Pillar'.

The only intimidating part about them, is their own opnions on my big brother. For some reason he got along with them, but he didn't gain much respect in regards towards the way he treated me. Seems word spread fast......

"Welcome my children, I apologise for Shinjuro's absence," Master spoke softly, bowing his head politely. His pale lavender eyes share across the four Hashira standing before him, before he turns to me. Instantly I go down to my knee instantly, expressing my respect. Though the movement was too much for my ribs and wounds, my respect is above my own needs; grimacing as I moved too quickly.

A faint chuckle comes from Master, while I lift my head a little to grasp what was my reasoning in being here. 

Wait.....is he gonna.....?

"Today I've called today not just for a meeting, but a promotion for a certain Slayer that has surpassed many turmoils and difficulties," Master began, feeling the weight shifting in my chest. "Hayami Mizutsuki has faced an Upper Moon face to face, has survived the attack.....and has surpassed all the qualifications to become one of the Hashira. An anchor to the Demon Slayer corps........"

I don't deserve this title, not after what had happened. It's like I was eating out of someone's palm, and not doing it myself.....

"Hayami come before me my child," He spoke calmly, his smile present on his pale complexion contrasting to his scars. Standing up slowly I make my way to stand at the edge of the verandah and knelt down, when he kneels on the edge in front of me. His hand graces my shoulder with warmth, that made my heart ignite with acknowledgement. His aura was absolutely beautiful, that there is no ounce of malice in master. 

"Yes Master?" My eyes remain casted down, feeling my body running hot from my fever but from Masters presence alone. It felt soothing.

"Hayami, you're absolutely strong and a remarkable young woman," He began, his eyes focusing on me. "Will you fill your brother's spot, as the new Dragon Hashira? To support the Demon Slayer Corps with everything, to bring good to this land...?"