𝟐𝟕 | 𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

~*~

A WEEK LATER 

"Rest easy, big brother........"

Seen I've missed my brother's funeral a while ago, I made my time to visit the very grave his name was written upon. Though his body was cremated like every other gravestone amongst the cemetery, it was hard to accept that he was no longer with me. Now I'm left with only myself, and the nightmares that have come with from that night. Sleep was barely an option, finding it difficult sleep a wink.

Though Lady Amane was kind as to rest beneath her roof, it wouldn't take away those flashbacks. 

Placing the white iris' down upon his grave, before sending a small little prayer to him. The urge to cry was painful, but my exhaustion wouldn't let me shed a single tear. The numbness in my throat and tongue felt heavier, wanting to say something to him. Yet something held me back in saying much, feeling this overwhelmed anger wash over me towards him. I've never felt so angry in my life, then towards him.

"Y-You're such.......an idiot," my teeth clench tightly.

Standing back up I felt the spring breeze brush against my warm cheeks, gliding through my hair allowing myself to sink in the solitude of the scenery. Glancing over the many countless gravestones that lay wake in my view, shows how many loyal slayers have in turn given their life to serve the corps. It brought me peace at least to know, that I'm not the only one suffering with a lost loved one or a significant other.

Why did this land have to be infested by demons, that are unnatural of this world? 

Now my father has become something far dangerous........

Making my way down the stone path, I walk down the steps carefully as I soon reach the exit that was surrounded by the warm violet hue of wisteria. Finally reaching the end of the growth of flowers, there Sanemi stood waiting for me patiently. Seems he didn't feel like visiting the cemetery toward, seen Masachika was there also. I couldn't blame him, once you go in and out of that sacred place........

.......you just find it too heavy to visit them again......

"You ready?" he rests his hand upon his hilt of his blade, with his larger frame towering my smaller one. 

With a simple nod, "Yeah,"

~*~

Sitting on a small hill beneath a cherry blossom tree perched on top, we both sat together with a tranquil view of the village not far from the Corps. Sipping my green tea, I found myself comfortable in the fresh air of Spring. It felt too surreal that time went by so fast, even though I slept through the changes of the seasons. 

"You're rather quiet......" he breaks the silence, biting into some ohagi. He chews for a moment, before swallowing. ".......mind sharing what's going on, in that small head of yours...?"

There is so many questions, and so many thoughts flooding my head that I compressed it all inside for so long. 

Sanemi knew very little of my background, and I'm wanting to tell him now that I'm more comfortable to speak of it. Especially seen that mission revolved around where my family's shrine and ruins of my home were. He deserved to know, even if he won't share his for the most part. I couldn't complain, when that's his business until he's ready.......

Parting my lips a few times; I couldn't figure out how to start.

"That mission.........." letting that sink in, before I place my tea down on the tray beside me. ".....has more significance to me, than you realise."