𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

~*~

UBUYASHIKI COMPOUND - A DAY LATER - (3rd POV)

A small meeting was announced about the sudden death upon Hiroshi Mizutsuki, and the complete massacre of the Mizutsuki clan. Word had spread rather quickly, and the young boy who knelt before Ryuji and an elderly man wearing a red tengu mask. 

"I bring my condolences for your father and clan," Kagaya the young master, bows politely. Only twelve years of age, he was very polite and gentle. Yet, he held a curse on his forehead, which was slowly forming lower the side of his temple.

Ryuji bowed before his master, "Thank you,"

"So only you and two of your siblings managed to survive, how fortunate," Kagaya smiles tenderly, as Ryuji's eyes widen.

"Yes, I'm very grateful," Ryuji bowed again, while trying to put on a tough facade.

Knowing there is a report to be announced, Kagaya turned to the current water pillar who sat patiently. He gives him a gentle nod, initiating the report.

"We found only bodies of all the demons work--"

"It wasn't just one," Ryuji cuts in, his darkened. Everyone paused, waiting for Ryuji to continue instead, knowing he witnessed the whole entire scene. 

He inhales sharply, before calmly breathing out.

"There was another demon......plum red eyes, sickly pale skin and raven hair," he describes the demon, as Kagaya's eyes hardened knowing full well whom it could be. "He killed one of my twin brothers, slicing his head off.........he killed the general of our clan, but it took a few minutes......he even killed the rest of the clan so fast.......only a bloody sea was all I could ."

"Muzan, could it be?"

The name soon caught the attention of everyone within the room, facing the young master. The name sent goosebumps down Ryuji's arms, his breath grew shaky while feeling frustrated. The very king of demons approached them, after years of his disappearance.

Kagaya turns to Ryuji, "Right now, I want you to rest," he shifted the conversation, as the young slayer lifted his head. "A lot has happened, and now there's an empty spot of the water dragon pillar....."

"Am I ready, Oyakata-sama?" Ryuj questioned, but the boy shook his head slowly. Even though they both were the same age, Kagaya was more wiser and patient.

"No, give you a few years to achieve what your father was," he replied firmly, as Ryuji's eyes slightly widened. Soon they falter bow his head, knowing full well he still has a lot to learn. 

"As you wish,"

"So your sister, what will she do?" Kagaya questioned, which made Ryuji's head lift up sharply. "Will she become a slayer? Or will she live a normal life?"

Ryuji knew full well she wanted to become a slayer to help, but now was she afraid to step up now. Seeing the beast up close, especially her own mother. She doesn't even know the demon was her own mother, and he was scared to tell both his siblings the truth.

"She's still shaken up, nothing has been said,"

Kagaya hummed softly to himself in thought, "I've heard about the Mizutsuki obligation, with women within the clan to fight,"

Ryuji nodded, "Yes, but........if she decided to continue fighting, then she's allowed too now,"

"Alright," he mused softly. "We will soon see if your siblings will become slayers, but........do they know their mother was.....a demon?"