𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

~*~

MEANWHILE ~ (Sanemi's POV)

"Dammit, Kumeno....."

Walking for a while towards the end of the long, dark hallway, I soon found a tatami-floored room. Stepping inside I felt the scent growing stronger by every step I took, finding it suffocating to even breath in. 

But, "What is this?" frowning at the strange sight.

Staring ahead there was a petite woman, long black hair piled on her head. She was bustling around the room with urgency in her steps, tending to six beds that stood in a neat row. Four children and two Demon Slayers lay in the beds, covered in linens so white, like they've been cleaned many times.

What caught my attention was two of the children and one of the Slayers were no longer breathing; flies had settled on their eyeballs and maggots crawling on their bodies. The children who were still alive had wasted away to skin and bones and stared hollowly at the ceiling with clouded eyes. The surviving Demon slayer, lying in the bed farthest to teh right, was wrapped in blood-soaked bandages. His groans in agony made my blood boil, soon before a violent fit of coughing overtook him and vomited after.

"Oh dear me!" The woman exclaims, in dismay. "It came back up again, did it? you poor dear." She wiped away the mess with a gentle hand, before giving the Slayer some water from the pitcher in hand. Just seeing the slayer trying to drink, he was too weak to swallow, as it dribbles from the corners of his mouth. Wiping the sweat from his temple, the woman soon propped him up on some pillows.

Without wasting another second, the woman turns to the girl in the next bed and began to comb her greasy hair. "We'll make you look cute, all right?" She lovingly smiles, as her dainty fingers run through the locks and began braiding the girls hair. Her words, her gestures were maternal, but she was no human mother. 

Her white fangs flash behind her amicable smile, and her eyes were crimson red.

"I'll always be here to take care of you," The woman half-sang, stroking the girls head delicately. Her head soon perks up turning towards me, "Oh! That's right! A new boy's come to join us. Please get along nicely, everyone." making my jaw clench tightly.

Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear from her, reveals the characters 'Lower One' inscribed in her left eye.

My stomach sank for a moment recognising those markings, as slayers been warned about those characters. Narrowing my eyes, I soon found my proof that this demon reported directly to Muzan Kibutsuji, "You're one of the twelve Kizuki,"

This was no ordinary demon for that fact. This was a demon with the greatest concentration of Muzan Kibutsuji's blood. A thrill of pure hatred made the hairs on my arms stand on end, feeling my blood boiling than cowering away. This demon has no right to live, especially ones that serve beneath the king himself.

Resting my hand around the hilt of my Nichirin Sword, i draw it out and charged towards the woman without hesitation.

Raising my blade I locked onto her slender neck, gathering every bit of strength to my attack to one single point. Avoiding my attack from the victims within the room, I swore to never show mercy towards the woman. The demon suddenly waved her slim arm and deflected my attack sharply, causing the crimson flower in her hair to flutter with the kiss of wind.

"Wha--"

Surprised by this, my eyes were widen and frustrated at the same time.

"Tee hee hee! No mischief, now!" The woman sneers, making the corner of her red lips to curl in a smile. Her smile, blossoming like a flower, was like a gentle rebuke to a naughty child.