𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

~*~

Staring at myself at the mirror that rested against the wall, I found myself quite comfortable. It felt easy to move around, having the uniform sleeveless and the pants fitted nicely. The fur collar around my neck felt so warm and soft, and it brought nostalgic memories.

Bending down i slip on my kyahan guards on, slipping around the gauze to wrap firmly around my calves. Once everything was on, I head out to the main room to see the two turn in my direction.

"How is the measurements?" Kobayashi asks, standing up to get a better look of the uniform. "We tried to make it a little bigger, so you're able to move around quickly. Also, we made the pants to fit your form comfortably too so I hope it's all--"

"It's fine, I absolutely love it," I warmly reply, while adjusting my haori over my shoulder. "Tell the kakushi, they did a great job."

Not being able to tell his expression from beneath his mask, I could sense he was ecstatic to know my thoughts. "That's great, which also means....it's time for me to head off," turning around, he picks up his things before heading to the door. "Also, I will be your personal swordsmith from now on. Please feel free to ask me questions, or if your blade is shattered.....I'll be there to tend to a new one."

Giving him a contented smile, he soon disappears before silence rests inside the hut.

Heading over Sensei passes me my blade, as I slide it carefully back into the sheath slipping it in my belt against my hip. My heart was beating heavily, knowing I will be setting off on a different journey. It was nervously gnawing me to the bone, knowing I'm on my own from now on.

"You're not alone," Sensei broke me out of my thoughts, like he was reading my mind or something. His hand rests upon my shoulder, "You've become a strong woman, I believe you were meant to be out there."

Scoffing light, "My father....he....." my eyes avoid meeting his, finding it rather difficult to bring my own father into the conversation.

"Don't listen to what your father told you, my child," He firmly advises. "Right now, you're a Slayer........a warrior......a fighter. Raising you brought me memories of my own children years ago, but you've become the warrior none of them could've become."

"Sensei," I whisper, while he grins.

"I know ya had it in ya this whole time, so......go out there and prove him wrong," He encourages me, while I began heading outside. I had everything with me, as I had very little to bring with me.

Once I was on the path to the road, I hear a squawk in the distance.

Lifting my eyes there a crow flew down, before recognising her. Raising my arm, she perches herself on my forearm. Scratching her cheek, she nuzzles against me already comfortable and trusting.

"You must my Kasugai," I softly hum. "Let's name you Nami, hmm?"

"~CAW~ New mission, a small town deep in the snowy mountains west from here," She announces."Children been missing in the village 'Fuyu-ken'.~CAW~"

"Now?"

"Yes, now ~CAW~"

Glancing back to meet Sensei's gaze, I could tell he was gonna be lonely for a while again. Inhaling and exhaling deeply I face him, "Sensei....thank you, for.....for everything," finding it hard to express my gratitude. "You had to put up with me everyday, but I will use it for good and slay the demons. I have nothing to giv--"

"You do.........just stay alive for me," He passes me something, before revealing a small bag of yen in hand. "Take this, you might this to get you started......alright?"