𝟗 | 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐬

~*~

BUTTERFLY MANSION

"Seriously Hayami, you need to be careful," 

Wincing slightly she tenderly cleans my opened wounds, while her violet eyes flutter with such an angelic expression.Though she was only two years older, Kanae was such a beauty of the demon slayer corps. Such fair complexion, red lips, long silky ebony locks, and a slender figure.

She was like an angel to everyone, also having such a soft tenderness.

"Sorry," I chuckle, with a smile while she presses a little too hard. Wincing slightly, she then slides down my uniform to reveal more of my wounds, that painfully rested across my flesh. 

She softly smile, "It's fine, at least you came back in one piece," while her yes studying the fresh wounds, that were dressed by Kumeno. "Looks like someone has dressed your wounds, but it needs more proper treatment.......may I?"

Nodding with a contented hum of approval, she unravels the gauze around my shoulder and torso.

"Masachika Kumeno ," 

She tilts her head, "Haven't met him before, is he new?" as I shook my head in response. "Oh guess, we just have places to be then........well I'm grateful he treated you. If he didn't, that would've concerned me."

She pushes another tender spot, while I inhale sharply before she turns around to grab a few things. She's rather calm after she just became the flower Pillar, which was a big role for her. I've never seen her fight before, but she always had that kind of parental aura.

A motherly touch, which seemed to allow me to relax within the butterfly mansion.

"So, your brother ?" She asks softly, while rummaging through the cabinet beside her. "Just saw him a few days ago, he seems to be doing well..."

Her voice shook slightly, as if she was trying to cover up something. 

"Yeah? Did he go on another mission, again?" I ask, while arching a teasing eyebrow in her direction. 

She hums with a nod, "Yeah, h-he stopped by with me-- I mean at the butterfly mansion just to recover," She tucks a strand behind her ear, before turning around holding gauze in her hands. My eyes slowly widen in surprise as I met her eyes, cheeks burning profusely, to the tips of her ears.

"Wait, don't........don't tell me," My voice raises higher, as she quickly lowers eyes already flustered enough. Guilty as can be, it didn't take me long to understand what was going on. "You have a thing for my brother?!"

She cries out shaking her head violently, while trying to subtly deny it all. It wasn't working. She was so bad at keeping secrets. 

"Wah......no, definitely not!" She exclaims, flailing her arms around dropping the gauze to the floor while look bright red. Seriously, I couldn't blame her. My brother was attracting all soughts of women, as he's gotten through a few years from baby face to a handsome brother of mine. 

"It's obvious, so don't hide it," I sigh, nonchalantly.

She clears her throat gathering the gauze from the ground, slowly calming her nerves down. She seemed conflicted with her own emotions, but it was bluntly obvious.

"..........."

Closing my eyes wincing slightly, I shift to a comfortable position while seeing her grip the gauze more tightly. Just seeing her like this, her eyes so focused on the air, and her face burning instantly expressed her internal feelings. She was actually sincere about it, it was no joke.