CHAPTER-ONE

It was a Friday night, five of us were playing 'Truth or Dare' I was a freshman in Southeastern college. My roommate was in second year and the rest of them were in the senior year. I used to thank God that He made me friends with them and because of them I never got bullied. But I was a loner, nobody wanted to be friends with me in my class, girls pretended as if I was invisible. Not that I was a nerd or I looked ugly, it was my personality. I was a pathetic loser. I always wore baggies and sweatpants with t-shirts double my size.

Every morning I would practice smiling like an idiot, how to be bold and confident in front of the bathroom mirror but in the end a face with green eyes, black hair parted aside from the front and hiding neck, medium arched eyebrows, thin nose and thin upper lipped would stare back with no confidence.

Okay ! Back to the game. We were playing in the Soccer field because it was empty. Kevin was spinning the bottle, he gave it a spin again after completing spinning the bottle stopped in my direction.

"Oh ! Yeah baby." I yelled.

"Truth or dare?" Kevin asked. The rest of them were staring at me, I knew they were thinking that I was gonna choose truth and I was too chicken to choose dare.

"Come on ! We all know that, he will choose the truth then why ask." Austin said.

"Jake ! Choose already." Alan and Tyler said together.

"Dare." I said.

"Woah ! Dude is it me or you actually are becoming mature?" Kevin asked and winked.

"Shut up man ! I choose dare, decide already." I said. They looked at each other and then grinned maliciously.

"Well we have a dare for you but are you sure, you will be ready to do it ? Because this dare is not a usual dare, it's dangerous." Austin said.

"Man ! I won't go back, my decision is final." I proclaimed.

"Okay then, you will have to go to the haunted house alone and you will spend the whole night there, the house is thirty-three miles away from here it is surrounded by barren land " Austin explained.

"Are talking about that old Victorian house ? " Kevin asked.

"Yeah !" Austin replied.

"No way ! Are you crazy ? Haven't you heard about the stories ?" Alan asked.

"Don't do it Jake ! We are warning you. Do you know that a spirit of the girl who was cursed, lingers there and kills anyone who enters the house." Tyler warned.

To be honest I was scared, dead scared but it was also an opportunity for me to prove that I wasn't a loser. Plus I didn't believe in ghosts or spirits, I mean they were just our childhood hallucinations nothing more than that.

"I will do it !" I said with determination.

"That's my man." Austin said.

"Jake ! Are you nuts ? You don't have to do that." Tyler, Kevin and Alan said together forcing me to withdraw.

"Nah ! I am gonna do it and I mean it. By the way when do I have to go?" I asked.

"Tonight !" Austin said.

"T-Tonight ? " My jaw dropped.

Author's note : Okay ! People this is my second story but my first horror story, I really hope that you guys will like it. Please ! Vote and leave a comment. Thanks ! :-)