CHAPTER-SEVEN

I was waiting for them outside the house. Whilst my mind thinking about something else, what Bethany told me was half of the truth, the details were still missing. And asking her again didn't seem right. But I realized that, it was not the last time I visited that house, I would have to come here for God know many times.

Ten minutes later, they arrived and they were alone. I walked over to the car.

"Let's go to that motel, where you guys stayed last time. " I said.

"What ? You were the one called us here in the first place and now you want us to go half a way back. " Alan said.

"I know ! Please just listen to me and let's go there. I have to tell you about something very serious. " I pleaded.

"Alright ! But this better be good or else I'll kill you. " Alan said with a warning. Then he ignited the engine and turned the car, I sat on my bike and put on the helmet but I was careful not to touch the bump at the back of my head.

They were leading the way. The motel was only five minutes drive from the house. The motel was not very big, it was not crowded there were only three cars in the drive-way excluding Alan's car. We went inside the motel lobby and stood before the reception desk. Kevin rang the bell, by hiting on the small metal bell on the desk. A few moments later, a guy came at the desk, who I assumed to be the receptionist. He was a middle-aged, balding guy with portruding belly, he had grease stains on his shirt, he was smoking a cigarette.

"How may I help you ? " He asked bluntly. It seemed like he was fed-up of his job.

"Hi ! We would like to book a room for a two hours. " Kevin said. The receptionist made an entry in his register.

"Your name ? " The guy asked.

"Kevin Dallas. " Kevin said. The receptionist scribbled something.

"Sign here. It will cost 30 Dollars." He said and went inside the get the keys probably. Kevin signed, I took out 30 bucks from my wallet and kept them on the register and then the guy came back with the keys. And placed them on the desk. Kevin took the keys and all of us went out to find the room. It was three rooms after the so-called lobby.

When we went entered the room, I found it exactly opposite of what I thought it would be. It was clean, the furniture was in good condition, in short it was not a disappointment at all. After we setteled down.

"Jake ! Why are we here ? " Tyler asked.

"Guys ! We are here because- "

"Quit the drama and get straight to the point." He cut me off.

"Dude ! Cody is d-dead. " I said clenching my fists into balls.

"What ? You are messing, right ? " They asked in unison.

"I am dead serious ! " I replied lowering my head.

"What do you mean ? How ? Did you ? " They asked.

"What ? No ! I didn't do anything. Bethany killed him right before my eyes last night. " I replied.

"What ? Who is Bethany ? And you are telling us about it now " They almost yelled at me.

"Bethany is name of the spirit of that girl, she killed him. When we went inside the house, Cody hit me with a club at the back of my head, then everything happened very fast plus my head was spinning and throbbing, she suddenly appeared and break his neck, she even tried to choke me and then she threw me across the room and I passed out and then I got up an hour and a half ago. " I explained and turned to show the bump at the back of my head.

"But you said, there was nothing in the house when you first went inside the house. " They said in confusion.

"I lied back then. " I said.

"Then why didn't she kill you ? " They asked.

"I don't know ! Trust me guys. " I replied.

"Man ! This is really serious. Who would believe that, a spirit killed Cody " Tyler said.

"I know it's hard to believe but I would never hurt somebody. " I said.

"Now I know why, you were acting all strange when you first came back. " Alan said.

"It's all my fault ! I shouldn't have given you that dare in the first place. I am sorry, I could have never imagined that, something like this could have happened. " Austin said.

"Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault. That was written in my fate. However, there is another problem. Bethany, she was murdered there and she was cursed. And I think that, she is compelled to kill because of that curse." I said.

"So what do you want to do ? " Kevin asked.

"I don't know, I feel bad for her and somehow I feel connected to her." I replied.

"Then what would you do ? Break her curse and set her free." Kevin said. I thought about it for a while.

"Yeah ! That's what I should do." I said rubbing my chin.

"Have you lost it ! I was just saying it, I didn't actually mean it. Besides she would kill you, there is a huge risk in it. " Kevin snapped.

"I don't know how I'll do it but I will help her. I am determined about it. She didn't kill me and I know she won't. " I said making up mind.

----------
All of them were disappointed at me because I wanted to help her. They thought I was crazy, I knew they cared for me. I did not know, how was I going to set her free but deep down I knew, I would do it one day.

We didn't talk much after that, everybody was lost in their own thoughts. I was going through the pictures in my cellphone. One picture caught my attention, in that picture my paternal grand-pa, grand-pa Lucus was standing with his arm on my shoulders, he was wearing a chain with...a pendant in roman three was embedded inside a circle...my grand-pa was a part of that cult society ? Was he present there when they killed Bethany ?

Author's note : Please vote and leave a comment. Your votes and comments will help my book get higher rank, so please be generous. :-)