CHAPTER-FIVE

My laptop was on the brink of shutting down, as I was using it for hours without charging it but my research was unfruitful. I closed the screen of the laptop, leaned back on the couch and closed my eyes. A few seconds later I heard someone opening and then closing the door as they enter, I opened my eyes and found all four of them standing in the room and glaring daggers at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Check your damn cellphone!" All of them said in unison. I checked my cellphone and found 15 text messages and 4 missed calls.

"Oh ! Yeah sorry I was so caught up in my Psychology assignment that I did not realize. " I lied. I was ignoring everybody intentionally.

"Whatever ! Get ready. " Tyler said.

"Ready ? Where are we going ? " I asked.

"Your wardrobe needs a change. " Tyler said pointing towards the closet.

"No ! I am fine with what I wear and stop acting like my mom. " I said. Alan went into the closed and walked out with a dark green t-shirt in his hand and tossed it towards me.

"Jake ! Either you go and change yourself or we will do the honor. And trust me you would not want that. " Kevin threatened taking a step closer to me. I was going to refuse but the problem was that, they outnumbered me by four to one.

"Fine ! " I grunted.

I went in the closet to change, I put on my black baggie pants and Alan's plain dark green t-shirt which was hugging my torso very tightly. I walked out of the closet.

"How do you even wear this ? It's so tight. " I complained.

"Shut up ! You look fine " Austin said.

-------

We went to the mall, over there we went into a couple of different shops. We bought casual, formal and semi-casual apparel for me. Shopping was a torture job itself, I wondered why girls love shopping. While we were at the food court, I noticed quite a few girls looking my way and smiling, so I returned the favor.

"Jake ! Go get something to eat and drink, that's the least you can do. " Alan said.

"What do you wanna eat ? " I asked them.

"Bring two pies of pizza and soda. " Austin replied.

"Okay ! You got it. " I said and walked to the counter of The Ninja Junk named restaurant. The name of the restaurant was so funny, nonetheless, I placed our order and I was waiting. While I was waiting at the counter, somebody tapped on my shoulder.

"Oh ! Sorry I am just waiting. " I said and turned. I froze as I saw the figure standing behind me and eying me. It was none other than Kylie.

"Ah ! Kylie. Hi " I said nervously.

"Hi again ! I thought you said that, you were not going anywhere ? " Kylie asked.

"Yeah ! My friends and I are here for shopping- "

"Oh ! Shopping. I love shopping. " She said.

"Yeah me too ! " I said. What ? I don't love shopping. Argh ! I was being stupid again, my tongue was not helping me out.

"Great ! You know, you are the only guy I've come across who loves shopping. " She said gleaming. Oh boy ! Here we go, now I'll have to walk around with an ugly tail, means I'll have to lie again.

"Sir ! Your order is ready. " One guy on the counter said.

"Thanks ! " I said taking the boxes of pizza and soda.