CHAPTER-SIX

A horrible stench flared into my nostrils. It made me want to gag, I tried to move my hand but I felt nothing. My whole body was numb, I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling covered with spider webs, the paint was peeling out of the walls and that's when I realize, I was in that house. Another realization hit that, I didn't came here alone, Cody...he was with me.

I turned my head and felt the intense pain at the back of my head. Ouch ! That son of a b- Wait a minute ! If we came here then Cody is dead. I saw his body with my own eyes but she choked me and threw me across the room, right ? I...I am dead too. She killed me.

I sat and found her sitting at the couch in a bedroom, which seemed like the room of a little girl once. Thick red liquid was dripping from her dress, Blood. I gasped and looked up at her, it was the first time I ever laid my eyes on her. She had mahogany colored hair, deep black eyes, Damn ! The last time I saw her, she had blood red eyes. She was wearing a sleeveless baby pink summer dress, her lips were perfect not too big nor too small and had a slight pout, she had a pointed but small bridged nose and she had a high cheekbones giving her face an elegant feature.

I found myself staring at her lips again. Don't ask ! I didn't know why but I was. And I wasn't afraid of her anymore, I was dead so it didn't matter.

"You can stop your gore show, you know. I am dead already, so you don't have to scare bejaybers out of me. " I said. She was just staring at me, I thought maybe she was deaf, so I tried to explain her using hand motions. A smile slipped pass her lips. I stopped short, she smiles ? That's weird for a spirit who kills and smiles.

"I am not deaf and what makes you think that you are dead ? " She asked.

"I remember what happened last night. A blow on my head and then you were choking me out and you threw me across the room. Is it not enough to be dead ? What about Cody ? " I asked.

"Who your friend ? " She asked.

"He was not my friend. " I snapped.

"Yeah ! I saw that. He is where he is suppose to be. " She replied.

"What happened here ? " I asked. I wanted to know about the history of that place. She became quite and started staring at the floor.

"What happened here is the reason why I became the monster I am. I came here for a job and they killed me and cursed me. It feels like it happened yesterday. " She said and squeeze shut her eyes as if struggling from the emotional trauma. Then I saw the stream of tears rolling down her eyes and then she started sobbing. My heart melted on hearing what she said.

That situation was weird for me, I didn't know what to do. Neither I could not have told her that, it was okay, it clearly was not and nor could I have told her that, you will get over it. Instead I placed my hand on her hand and squeezed it gently. Her hand was soft like a cotton candy but it was cold. I wondered if, a dead can feel the temperature of another.

"Look ! I am sorry for asking that question, I didn't mean to upset you. " I apologized genuinely.

"I don't blame you." She managed to say weakly.

"Well ! What is your name ? Since I will be living here with you, so I need to know your name. " I changed the topic hoping it would lighten her mood.

"They used to called me Bethany Jones. " She replied.

"I was called Jake Murphy until a day ago. " I said.

"Stop referring yourself as a dead when you are alive. " She said.

"What ? So I - , you didn't - , But how ? " I asked in confusion and relief.

"I myself don't know about it but I couldn't bring myself to kill you. It's the first time, it has ever happened. " She said.

"Oh ! I see. " I said. I was disappointed, somehow. I know you might be thinking I am nuts but that's what I felt, maybe I wanted to stay but that was not an option. The bad things which happened to her made me want to cry. Nobody deserves that.

"I think you should leave before it gets dark, I don't trust myself. The monster inside me might hurt you. " She said.

A realization hit me, since I was alive and Cody was dead people might think that, I killed him. I need help. I checked my pockets for my cellphone and took it out and made a call.

"Thank goodness ! It's noon man what is taking you guys so long ? " Tyler asked.

"Ty ! I need your help guys. Please come as soon as possible. " I replied.

"We are coming right over. " Tyler said and we hung up.

*I hope this chapter is not sucky. Please vote and leave a comment. They mean a lot :-)