CHAPTER-FOUR

When the party was over, me and Alan decided to take the guys back to the dorm. We both weren't drunk but three of them were and they were in no position to drive. Alan drove his car while I was riding on my bike. On the way to the dorm, I came across the familiar white Victorian house. I stopped my bike there for a while, the house was exactly as I saw it a night before it was nothing what I saw in the morning earlier that day. That was something weird about the house.

As I was standing there, a sense of curiosity aroused inside me. Part of me wanted to know what actually happened to her and part of me was really scared. Nonetheless I thought it would be better if I would go back to the dorm. So, I started my bike and rode away.

------

When I reached there, first I went to check on Kevin, Tyler and Austin. I knocked on their door but nobody opened. So, I assumed that they might be sleeping. The dorm of my college had rooms with two beds and rooms with three beds. They were sharing a room and Alan and I were sharing a room. After that I went into my room.

"Man ! What took you so long ? " Alan asked.

"I was going below speed limit, I guess and then I went to check on them. " I replied.

I was too exhausted to change, so I sat on my bed with my back against the headrest. Alan got up and was going to turn off the lights but I didn't want him to.

"Alan ! Please leave the lights on. " I said. I was afraid of the dark, that fear took place in my mind after that incident.

"Why ? " He asked.

"Ah ! I am not sleepy, so I am thinking about reading a book or something. " I lied and opened the drawer beside my bed and took out the book The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

"Okay ! But turn them off when you go to sleep. " He sighed and went back to bed.

"Okay ! " I said.

There was nothing for me to do, so I actually started reading the book, after reading five pages my eyes started feeling weary.

I was running and everything was dark around me, I did not know where I was going and why I was running but I had a feeling that I need to run. Suddenly I saw a dim light source and I ran towards it, the distance between me and the source seemed to be getting shorter and shorter as the light was getting brighter and brighter. When I was there, I found myself running into a tunnel or some sort of underground passage and I heard some running foot steps. Then somehow I felt myself on the cold ground, my whole body was agonizing, my vision was blurred by a thick, warm liquid. I felt a sharp pain first in the back and then around my throat, as if someone has stabbed me and slit my throat. The pain was intense and everything went black.

"No ! " I got up breathing hard and sweating heavily, after sometime I realized it was only a nightmare but I felt myself running and suffering in pain. After coming to my senses I looked around and thanked God that Alan was out of the room.

I got up and went to take a shower, came back and sat on the couch beside the window. I didn't know what to do, I can't share it with anyone. Somebody knocked.

"Yeah ! I am up. " I said. A head with strawberry blonde hair poked in and then came inside and closed the door.

"Hi ! " Kylie greeted with a smile.

"Hi ! " I greeted back and motioned her to sit, I was nervous because the most popular girl of the college was standing in my room and talking to me.

"We didn't get a chance to talk properly last night. " She said.

"Yeah ! I am so sorry that I walked away last night. " I replied feeling guilty.

"It's okay. I wonder why I didn't meet you earlier. " She said, her statement kinda twitched my heart. I was her lab partner for two months, like I said earlier she never knew I existed.

"You are here now. " I said with a smile.

"Yeah ! So ? Ah- "

"Go ahead. " I impelled.

"Will you go somewhere today ? " She asked.

"Nope ! Why ? " I asked.

"Well ! It's Sunday you know, will you not go out with your girlfriend ? " She asked.

"My girlfriend ? " I asked in confusion.

"I mean everyone has one. " She replied.

"I don't have a girlfriend. " I said. Wait a minute she was playing smart, indirectly she wanted to ask whether I was having a girlfriend or not. Her cellphone buzzed.

"Oh ! Well I have to go now, my friends are waiting for me. " She said.

"Sure ! See you later then ? " I said but it was more of a question.

"Yeah ! " She said and left.

-----

In the afternoon I decided to go for lunch to big Jack's restaurant. When I reached there, I parked my bike in the parking lot and went inside. I took a seat at the corner. I was going through the menu, a few minutes later a waitress arrived.

"Sir can I take your order ? " She asked.

"Yes ! I'd like to have a grilled chicken burger with cheese and fries and cold drink. " I placed my order.

"Anything else sir ? " She asked.

"No that's it. Thank-you. " I replied. It took a few minutes for her to bring my order. Later I kept a couple of bills, enough to pay for my meal and for a generous tip and left.

After I got to the dorm, I turned my laptop on and started searching for the sources which would tell me more about the house and the girl. Somehow I felt that, the nightmare was related to it.

I had a few questions like.

-Who's house was it ?

-Why was the spirit of that girl lingering there ?

-Why was she cursed ?

After spending two hours I got to know that, the house was owned a middle aged couple Mr and Mrs. Richard then. There was an article in which it was written that, the couple was involved in some kind of occult society. People in that society performed things like magic and rituals to gain something.

And by the rituals, it means sacrifice of innocent blood. The gears in my mind started moving and I realized that she was murdered by them. My stomach churned as images flashed across my mind, I felt really bad for her, nobody is meant to die like that. I tried to find about her as well but couldn't find anything. After reading that article and realizing that she was possibly murdered in that house, my heart developed a soft spot for her. But there was still one thing which bothered me that, people say that she kills whoever enters the house, why does she kill ?

*Please vote and leave comments.