CHAPTER-NINE

"Jake ! " Grand-pa Lucas recognized.

"How are you grand-pa ? Why didn't you come at my birthday ? " I couldn't hold myself back.

"I am your same old man. Ah ! That is a long story Jakie. " Grand-pa Lucas replied.

"Do you know how much I've missed you ? " I asked.

"I know, I am sorry. So how are you ? " He asked.

"I am good as always. " I replied.Then I remembered the reason why I called in the first place.

"Grand-pa ! Are you free on the weekend ? " I asked.

"Yeah ! What will an old man do ? " He replied.

"Cool ! I was wondering, if I could come at your place on this weekend ? " I asked hoping he'd agree.

"W-Why not ? Wait a minute ! Does your father know about it ? " He asked.

"Ah ! No, he does not know about it. " I replied.

"Then I am sorry. " He said.

"But grand- "

"Jake ! It's not like I don't want you to come here but your father won't like it. " He spoke before I could object.

"I know that. " I replied.

We talk for a couple minutes and then we hung up. My plan went in vain. But I was not gonna give up so easily. I decided to go to grand-pa's house unannounced. That is, the next day.

-----------
Everything went as usual. There were no assignments for the weekend, after my classes I packed my stuff. While I was packing, the door of my room barged open. The guys came in.

"What are you doing ? " They all asked in unison.

"Packing my things, I am going to Crawfordsville, at my grand-pa's. I have things to sort out. " I said.

"Woah ! Hold on. You are going to your grand-pa's house, to ask him about Bethany's murder. " Tyler replied.

"How do you know about it ? " I asked.

"We know, what are you thinking. Dude ! Don't go all insane. You are accusing your own grand-pa of a murder ? And you so sympathized with a girl, who does not even exist. This is not right. " Tyler replied.

"I know he didn't do it, but I want to hear it from him and maybe he will be able to help me. And that girl, you are talking about used to be one of us. " I walked towards the drawer beside my bed, took out my laptop and showed them the picture I saved earlier.

"Do you see her ? Look how lively she was and now she is a soul who has no future. " I said.

"We get it, we feel sad for her too. " Kevin said.

"But I think there is something more." Austin said.

"Yeah ! Me too. " I said. Austin winked at them and all of them started laughing.

"What is so funny ? " I asked in confusion.

"Dude ! I think you like her. " Austin said.

"W-What ? No ! That's not possible and you guys know that I like Kylie. " I replied.

---------------
After packing my things, I went to the pool area to find Kylie. She was in the swimming team. I found her coming out of the girls locker room.

"Hi ! " I greeted.

"Hi ! " She greeted back.

"How was you dinner ? " I asked.

"Boring ! As usual. " She replied.

"Well ! In that case, come with me. " I said taking her hand.

"Where are you taking me ? " She asked.

"It's nothing big but I thought it will be good to have an ice-cream together and you will like the ride. " I replied dragging her to the parking lot. I led our way to my bike.

"Here ! Put this on. " I handed her the spare helmet.

"A bucket ! " She exclaimed with joy.

"It's the law. And hold me tightly. " I took her lean arms and wrapped around my stomach.

I started my bike and we flying, okay ! Exactly flying my bike was under the speed limit but the weather was cool and breezy, which made us feel like we were flying.

We stopped at an ice-cream parlor, I ordered rocky-road while Kylie ordered fudge brownie. She was moaning at every spoon and I forced myself not to go there. I knew girls love chocolate more than guys.

After that, I took us back to dorm.

"Thank-You for this evening Jake." Kylie said after getting off from the bike.

"It's was my pleasure." I replied and took her hand and placed a kiss on it. All classical. She was turned and started walking towards her car.

"Kylie ? " I called.

"Yeah Jake !" She turned.

"I just wanted to tell you that, I am going to my grand-pa's place and will be back on Sunday." I replied.

"Oh ! " She said looking a bit disappointed.

"Umm ! You can have my number, ah ! If you want, I mean we can talk." I said.

"That is what I was thinking about." She replied with a smile on her face.

---------------
I was standing on the curb. The lawn was cleanly mowed, the royal blue Chevy Impala was resting out of the garage. There was a tea table with chairs on the porch.

I made my way to the porch, rang the bell and took a step back. I heard a few footsteps, my heart was racing. The emotions were clouding my mind. I was excited, happy, worried and scared.

Finally I heard the lock turning, a few seconds later the door opened. A man with a almost bald head, beard with a combination of black and white hair, a few wrinkles showing signs of old age. In spite of 72 grand-pa looked like in his early 60's and he was wearing a white polo shirt and grey khakis.

"Hey ! Granps. " I burst out of joy and squeezed him into a big hug.

"Jakie cakie ! " Grand-pa said with happiness.

Jakie cakie was my nickname. I used to eat a lot of cake when I was a kid, the first word I said after mama and papa was cakie. So they branded me with Jakie cakie.

*************
I hope you guys will like this chapter. Please a comment and press that, thumbs up button. It really brings a smile on my face?

Thanks ! For being my support guys. :-) Oh ! And by the way this unedited, am feeling lazy. ;-)