CHAPTER-THIRTEEN

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked the figure standing at the door of the house.

My mind was in a completely disputed state, as I recognized the person standing at the door. It was that, heart shaped face with strawberry blonde hair.

"What are you doing in this junk house? And who is she?" Kylie standing with her  arms crossed across her stomach. I looked towards Bethany, fearing that the monster inside her might jump out any minute. Bethany's expressions were changing, I saw a slight hint of anger. I couldn't register If it was for me or Kylie.

"Kylie ! Not here. We will talk, when I will be back to the dorm. I will explain everything. Please! You have to go." I pleaded.

"Not until I get my answers." She refused to leave. I sighed exasperatingly.

"Who is she, Jake?" Bethany asked with annoyance. I was struggling with words because honestly I didn't know what was between me and Kylie.

"Ar-! I-, we-"

"I am his girlfriend!" Kylie bragged. My jaw dropped. I was staring at Kylie in bafflement.

"Y-You are?" I blurted.

"Duh! Why else would have you taken me out?" Kylie pointed out.

"Yeah!" I replied with a nervous laugh. My gaze automatically moved towards Bethany, who held a detrimental expression. I heard her mumble something which I couldn't hear and went upstairs.

I was feeling weird about it. I mean Kylie just admitted what I wanted for so long but I wasn't happy.

"What's her problem? Jake!" I was brought back into the real world.

"I think we should leave." I walked towards Kylie took her hand and walked out of the house.

---------------------
On our way back Kylie attacked me with a lot of questions, I dodged them by saying that, I was answer her every question at the dorm. Because explaining the things out of norm wasn't so easy.

Kylie was sitting at the couch beneath the window, giving me 'speak already' look.

"Yeah! I suppose, you know which house was it?" I inquired.

"Yes! But who was that girl? Or was she?" She gave me a horrified look as things started to register in her mind.

"Listen Kylie! The things I am about to tell you have to be a secret between you and me. Please!" I muttered.

"You are scaring me, Jake!" She said in an uneven tone.

I filled her in with everything. She just sat there, staring at her hands, tears in her eyes.

"So? She is the spirit? She is the one who killed Cody?" She asked still staring at the floor.

"Look! I know it's really hard to swallow but-"

"Answer my questions, Jake?" She cut me in the mid sentence.

"Uh huh!" Was all I managed in reply.

"Then what were you doing there? Why didn't she kill you then?" Those words which escaped from her mouth were a chastisement itself. I knew what she was thinking.

"Honestly I don't know, why she spared me even though she did try to kill me. She, herself is not quite sure. I went there because I have decided to help her in setting her free. Nobody ever wanted all of this to happen but the choice was not in our hands. " I replied. She stood up abruptly.

"Kylie!" I interjected.

"Jake please! I need to be alone." With that she left.

The feeling of being uselessness washed over me. I was feeling disabled because I could not help Bethany when she needed a friend and nor could I ease Kylie's pain.