CHAPTER-THREE

I opened my eyes and the rays of light were striking my face, it was too bright to see anything.

Where was I ? Was I dead ?

Is that how a soul is suppose to feel ? Peaceful. Am I a good soul or a bad ? Will God punish me for stealing from my parents ? I tried to sit up but I felt a sharp piercing pain at the back of my head. Do souls feel the pain ?

KRUCHHH ! Jake ? Are you there ?

JAKE ! Answer you DAMMIT.

"Huh ? " I rubbed my eyes vigorously and then I looked around, the place was quite familiar. Wait a minute ! Isn't this the yard of the haunted house I entered, I looked behind me and almost yelped. Okay ! There was one more thing to be cleared and that was, whether I was dead or alive. I slapped myself.

"Ouch ! " I kept my hand on my cheek to soothe it. "What ? I am alive b-but- "

Jake ? Please tell us that you are okay. Please !

I picked the walkie talkie from the ground and pressed the button.

"Guys ! I am fine. " I replied.

"Jake ! Thank-you God. " Austin prayed.

"You stupid, idiot, dumb crap. Do you have any idea how worried we were ? We thought you were - " Austin trailed off.

"Sorry guys ! I guess I had one of the best sleeps of my life last night, so you know. " I lied.

"You scum-bag stay where you are, we are coming. " Kevin said.

Well that was odd, how did I end up here ? And how is it that I am alive ? Because what I saw last night wasn't prank or a hallucination. It was real, thinking about it gave me goosebumps. I stood up and looked around for my things, but didn't find them. I checked my pockets for my keys but my pockets were empty. Oh ! God I am gonna have to go back in there. A voice inside my head said, "Have you gone crazy from that hit ? Not an option buddy, you were almost killed "

I pushed those thoughts aside, took a deep breath and started walking towards the house. When I reached the porch, every step after that got heavier for me, I used every bit of energy to take myself inside the house once again. When I got in, everything was changed. The house seemed more lively or should I say less deadly, the hole on the floor in the hallway was completely disappeared, there was no stench in the living room. What the heck ? I thought to myself. I can't be dreaming, I snapped myself out from it and went to the room beside the dinning room to get my stuff.

I was afraid that, she might come from anywhere to picked what she left and I won't be lucky the next time. I quickly gathered everything and ran out of the house. When I was finally out waiting for my friends, the feeling of someone watching me hit me again and the shiver ran down my spine. I didn't dare look at the house again.

-------

We were in my dorm. They were surrounding me like, I was their grandma who would narrate them stories.

"What ? Why is everybody looking at me like that ? " I asked.

"Man ! You haven't talked ever since we picked you up. Is everything alright ? " Alan asked in concern.

"Yeah ! I am fine. " I replied with a fake smile.

"So ? " The guys asked.

"So ? " I copied them.

"What happened last night ? " They all asked.

"Nothing happened. " I lied.

"Come on ! Tell us, did you see something weird ? " Tyler asked.

"No ! I didn't see anything weird. " I lied again.

"Okay ! Let him take a nap guys, I think he is tired. " Austin said dragging everyone out, I gave him a smile and he nodded.

I tried to sleep but it didn't work, whenever I would close my eyes trying to sleep, her image would flash across my mind and I'd open my eyes abruptly. I kept wondering, what happened there ? And I wanted to keep it a secret from everyone or until I find out the reality.

In the evening, I went to the soccer field because I knew where to find my friends. They were sitting on the ground.

"Hey ! Daredevil ! " Alan called out. I joined them.

"Man ! I say let's celebrate tonight. " Austin said.

"Celebrate ? Why ? " I asked.

"Because you have completed the dare which was impossible for everyone in this whole town. I, myself would have not taken that dare. You really deserve a party. " Austin replied.

"You douche-bag. " I muttered. Austin winked and smacked on my shoulder.

"Listen ! Everybody ! Tonight we are going to have a party, in honor of our daredevil because he made it, alive out of that haunted house. Yes ! Suckers he stayed a whole night there. It's a celebration for my brother. " Tyler yelled.

After a while everybody started coming to me and patting me on the back, the girls walked pass by me and waved. I waved back at them. It was a new change to in my life, people were actually giving me attention.

"You are a star now my friend. " Kevin said.

"What can I say. " I muttered.

"I can say something and that is, you can't come at your party like this. You need to change your style now. " Alan said.

-------

The guys dragged me into the car and we hit the road.

"Where are we going ? " I asked.

"To Greg's lake house, I've talked him out to arrange the party at his family lake house. " Austin replied.

"Okay ! " I said.

A few minutes later we were there, we got out of the car and Alan parked the car. Greg was the first person to be there as it was his lake house. We started setting things up, after some time people started coming. The music was blasting from the speakers, everyone was hugging me and patting me. So, I decided to get some fresh air. I went out to the wooden pavement along the lake, sat down and rested my hands behind me. I was happy that my friends were doing it for me but they were unaware of the reality and so was I in a way. I didn't remember anything after passing out.

I heard the door opening and then closing behind me, I turned and found Kylie Shaw standing at the pavement. She is the one I've been crushing over since my first day but she didn't know that I existed, she came and sat next to me. She had big and black eyes, strawberry blonde hair reaching above her lower back. She was beautiful.

"It's peaceful out here. Huh ? " She asked.

"Yeah ! " I said.

"By the way I am Kylie. " She introduced, I know who you are Kylie, I thought to myself.

"I am Jake ! " I said with right hand stretched out to shake hands, she quickly reached out and shook it.

"I know ! You are Jake, you are a legend now. Not everyone has guts like you. " She giggled.

"Thanks ! So, what brings you out he- " I was interrupted by the opening and closing of the door once again. A goth type guy came to us.

"You are Jake ? Right ? " He asked. Before I could answer he spoke again, "I am Robin and I have a question. "

"What ? " I asked.

"My question is that, how did you come out alive after going there ? " He asked.

"What kind of question is this ? " I asked.

"I am sorry that it came out like that but as far as I know, whoever enters that house never comes back. Did you have a charm with you at time ? " He asked. His questions were making it difficult for me.

"I didn't have any charm and I don't believe in crappy stuff like that. " I snapped and walked inside, I heard him calling after me but I ignored.

*Jake is not a loser anymore, he is a legend. :-) Haha !

Please vote and leave a comment.