CHAPTER-TEN

Grand-pa let me in, he had vintage interior design. He made me sit in the T.V lounge and disappeared, I assumed in the kitchen. There were white couches, LCD, a fire place, a bookshelf with numerous books. Couches were placed in the centre of the lounge in front of the television and a rocking chair was placed adjacent to the the couch. I went to the bookshelf, most of the books were about American history, a few of Shakespeare's plays. However there was a journal, which caught my attention. I pulled it out carefully from the shelf and sat on the rocking chair, I have always loved rocking chairs. I opened the journal, it turned out to be a book of memories. There were pictures pasted along with them were written dates and short notes.

"Interesting isn't it ?" I turned at the voice, grand-pa was approaching with a tray in his hands.

"Yeah !" I replied, he handed me a mug of hot chocolate and kept the bowl of pretzels before me on the round centre table.

"Thanks !" I said taking a sip of hot chocolate. Grand-pa sat on the couch and I dragged the rocking chair to get closer to him.

"Your welcome !" He took the journal from me and started flipping the pages. There were different pictures from the time when grand-pa and grand-ma Lynda got married, when my dad was born, him growing up.

"You know Jake ! Me and your father used to go for camping a lot. He didn't have many friends, so I was his best friend." He was staring at the picture as if remembering the details of that day.

"Then ?" I asked.

"Then what ? He grew-up and we drifted apart, he hated me being in the society." He sighed.

"Society ? Which society ?" I asked wondering if grand-pa would open up.

"Huh ? Never mind. It's nothing." He replied.

"Oh ! I forgot to ask you, have you had anything for dinner ?" He asked.

"Nope ! I only took a few stops for filling the tank." I replied with a smile.

"Jake ! You shouldn't have done that." With that he went into the kitchen again.

---------------
An hour later we were sitting at the dinning table. Grand-pa made Lasagne. That man was a very good cook, my mouth watered from the aroma of sauce, meat and cheese. I was about to take a bite when grand-pa lightly hit my other hand and stopped me from eating.

"Say your prayers, Jake." He said. Man ! I totally forgot how strict he was about prayers before and after the meal.

"Oh ! Yeah." And then I made my prayer and finally took the first bite of bliss. I then realized how hungry I was.

"This is so good." I said with my mouthful but I was careful not to shower anything from my mouth.

"Thanks ! Your dad used to say that too." He said. Man ! This guy really misses my dad. I was feeling bad for him, it made me angry on my dad.

"You miss him, don't you ?" I asked and then regretted asking it, it was so obvious.

"Yeah ! A lot, which reminds me, does Peter know about you coming here." Oh boy ! I was a dead meat, I gulped.

"Ahh ! No he does not know about it." I replied.

"Jake ! You don't understand, he-"

"Grand-pa ! And I don't want to. Dad can't stop me from meeting you, I am an adult now and I take my own decisions." I cut him before he could finish his sentence.

"You are very stubborn, just like Lynda." I chuckled and grand-pa's lips curved upwards into a smile.

After the dinner, we chatted for an hour. He was asking about my life and he mentioned the bump at the back of my head, I shrugged it off. I was yawning and stretching so, grand-pa showed me the room in which I was going to stay.

"Sleep well, Jakie." He said.

"You too." With that I squeezed him into another tight embrace and after that he left.

I was feeling so happy because I was sure that, my grand-pa could never kill somebody. And then I changed into shorts and t-shirt and then lay down on the bed.

------------
I was sitting at a table with a red table cloth on it, a vase with two roses and a candle stand with candles on it. I was waiting for somebody. A few moments later I saw someone approaching towards me with a trolley with food on it.

A voluptuous figure in a red knee length dress, with a mesmerizing smile, hazel eyes, mahogany hair made into a bun. I knew this girl but was unable to remember her name. I tried to speak but she shushed me by keeping her finger on my lips.

"Please ! Don't or else they will hear us." She whispered in my ear.

"Who ? " I mouthed the word in confusion.

She gave me a sad smile and everything happened so fast, the next minute I found her on the floor all tied up and only this time she was wearing a sky-blue dress. Rest of it was blurred, she was seeing me with her pleading eyes.

"Help me !" She said before her body became still. And I realized who she was.

"Bethany !" I yelled.

I got up breathing hard, my forehead sweating profusely. After gaining my senses, I looked towards the clock there still many hours before sun rising. I got out from the bed and went into the kitchen to have a glass of water, then I came back sat on the bed thinking that, I will have to do something as quick as possible. I lay down staring at the ceiling.

------------
Light from somewhere was hitting my face, I opened my eyes and found out that, I had fallen asleep. I got up and took out my toothbrush from my backpack and went into the bathroom. After freshening myself I went downstairs and found grand-pa in the kitchen already.

"Morning ! Grand-pa." I greeted running a hand through my hair.

"Good morning ! Didn't know you would wake-up so early." He said with a smile.

"Me neither." I forced a smile.

"What will you have for breakfast ?" He asked.

"Waffles and a cup of coffee." I replied.

"Did you sleep well ?" He asked, I nodded in reply. He frowned.

"What is wrong ?" He asked.

"Grand-pa ! I want to talk to you about something." I replied.

************
Cliffhanger ! Haha
I hope you guys will like it.
Please ! Vote and leave a comment.
Oh ! And I have something to share with you guys, I have recently published the prologue of my third book 'Diary of Benjamin Shaw' please ! Do check it out.
And thank-you for 400 reads. :-) Love you guys.