CHAPTER-ELEVEN

Grand-pa was frowning and he jumped into his protective adult mode.

"What happened ? Are you sick ? -"

"Grand-pa ! It's not what you think. There is something I need to tell you and something I need to know." I cut him off before he could flood all those questions.

"Why do I get the feeling, it's not going to be pretty?" He asked moving a hand across his chin.

"Because it's not. It's something very bad and I need your help." I replied.

"Spill it out boy !" He said.

"Ah ! I don't know from where should I start ?" I blurted.

"From the beginning. " He said becoming impatient as every second passed. I let out a sigh.

"Grand-pa ! Do you happen to know about the haunted house which is twenty miles away from Iowa, I mean my college?" I asked. It took him a few seconds to remember but when he did, shot me his 'what are you planning to do' look.

"Yes ! But why are you asking about it ?" He asked. I was about to speak.

"Don't tell me you are planning to visit that place, it's dangerous." He warned.

"Ah ! Actually I have been there, twice." I said with a nervous smile, his eyes went wide.

"Wha-, I beg your pardon ! You what?" He shockingly asked.

"Yeah ! I have been in that house twice and have seen the spirit of Bethany, I mean the girl who died in that house." I replied.

"What were you thinking ? Have you not heard that, she kills everyone who enters the house ?" He asked raising his voice. I wondered if I made a mistake by going there.

"I heard about it. But didn't believed it and it was a part of my dare-"

"Dare ? You think it's okay to play with your lives ? What if she would have killed you like she killed others ?" He cut me off. I was scared, he might call my parents and they will ground me forever.

"I know that I made a mistake but she didn't hurt me. See ! I am totally fine. And then I did some research about her and got to know how she was murdered and I want to help her." I emphasized on the last part.

"Jake Murphy ! You are totally out of your mind. You are doing no such thing, it is so dangerous." He snapped at me.

"I know about the society you are in." I said.

"Society ? What society ?" He lied.

"Seriously ! The murderers of Bethany were the members of that dark secret society in which you are. They killed her for some stupid ritual. Was it ordered to do it ? Were you there when that happened ?" I asked.

"What ? No ! They went beyond their limits. Our society never encouraged killings, it's name is Patronus de tres libellus. It means protectors of three books." He replied.

"Books ? What kind of books ?" I asked.

"Ah ! Long ago back in 1600's there were three magicians, they wrote their journals in which were written the secrets of the dark world. And the government at that time took them as a threat and issued an order to crucify them and stone them until they die. Before they were caught, they hid their journals in a secure place. All three books were later found by descendant of one them. And he decided to protect it rather than let it fall into wrong hands and that's when this society was first formed." I narrated. I was about to question him.

"In case you are wondering, no ! I don't know what is written in them. Mr. and Mrs. Richard read them and became the animals. No one must ever read those books." He said as if reading my mind.

"But how did they get them ?" I asked.

"The books were handed to the members of thirty-third rank and the members take pledge to protect them in every circumstances. However, the broke their pledge and the society caught them ordered their execution." He replied.

"But I thought you said they never encouraged killing ?" I asked in mere confusion.

"I know ! It was different, and it was a punishment for killing an innocent girl. The local jury could not have condemned them, we took permission from the government of that time and carried out the justice." He explained.

"The government knows about it ?" I asked.

"Of course ! How do you think we are operating ?" He said in a duh tone.

"Wow ! Did not know there was something like that." I uttered.

"Don't ever mention it to anybody." He warned.

"Roger that !" I raised my hands in surrender. Grand-pa chuckled.

"By the way ! Are you serious about setting that spirit free ?" He asked.

"She had a name which happens to be Bethany. And yes I am dead serious." I replied.

"That is so dangerous. You don't know what you are talking about, you will have to preform some rituals and they are not easy, sometimes the rituals go horribly wrong. You are no expert to do so." He explained.

"Who says I will perform the ritual ? I am sure now that, you can help me in this matter. I believe you might know someone who knows how to deal with these things, they should do it." I replied.

"I don't know !" He said.

"Come on grand-pa ! It might stop the killings and Bethany might get rid of her current state. Trust me ! She won't hurt me, she still has her good side and I want to help her." I pleaded.

"Fine ! I will try to contact him, I can't promise but I will try." He said giving in.

"Thanks ! Grand-pa." I squeezed him into a hug.

"Careful I am an old man. And you are a very stubborn Jakie of mine." He replied.

After that we had our breakfast. I was really happy, firstly grand-pa was not involved in the murder and I cursed myself for thinking that and secondly grand-pa agreed to help.

---------------
On Saturday night grand-pa took me to meet his friends which happened to be the members of the society too. I pretended to be completely oblivious. They played indoor golf, which was so boring for me and one of them was spray all over my face while talking, he even sprayed on my plate. After seeing that suddenly I lost my appetite.

On Sunday we went to the mall and grand-pa bought me a helmet and a studded leather jacket as a consolation gift for not showing up at my birthday. I told him it was way too expensive for me to accept but he forced me to take it and I lost and took it. Did I ever mention that, my old man was pretty wealthy. And in the evening I packed my stuff to head back.

----------------
I was so tired that I went straight to my room and changed, I mean after four hours of continuous riding my muscles were screaming from fatigue as I was about to plop down on my bed, the door opened and all five of them marched in with stern faces.

"What's the matter ? Why so serious?" I asked.

"We thought you died ! You scum you never texted or called back." They all said in unison.

"Sorry ! I totally forgot." I replied.

"Well ! You will be dead soon because Officer David Michaels is looking for you. After you went the police came here to investigate as Cody is missing and his friends blurted that you were the one who saw him last. In short you are dead." Kevin explained.

"What?" My tongue struggled.

***********
Author's note : Okay ! Finally I have updated. Well I was busy had some functions to attend. :-)

Jake is gonna get arrested and charged for Cody's murder. And he will rot in jail with creepy criminals. :-(

Just kidding ! No such thing will happen.

What do you guys think will happen ?

I am blasting with sugar, I ate chocolate. Lol :-)

And please vote and leave a comment.

Thanks for reading ! Loves.