Chapter 6: Rare Glare

Sobrang rare akong isama ni Kuya Ronie sa galaan nila. Most likely because he doesn't really want me around with his circles. He was supportive of me some of the time, but he definitely had no plan to take me with the boys.

But today is weird because he brought me along with them.

We were in Laguna. Sobrang short lang ng travel from the city kung tutuusin. Near sa EK, and the place was familiar to me. Sabi ni Kuya, malapit lang daw ang venue kung saan ikakasal sina Pat and Mel, and I got a chance to see the place.

"It's majestic," I praised as I look at the entire venue from a distance. Nasa main road kami dumaraan at nasa left side namin ang malaking covered hall na may rose garden sa kabilang end. May malaking fountain doon at parang Greek ang motif, not sure about the designs kasi halo-halo. It looked Greek, but there was a fountain of a huge cherub holding a bow and an arrow.

Kuya's car turned right and we entered a yard with huge wooden fences covered with vines. Wala silang sinabi ni Jaesie kung nasaan kami, basta ang alam ko lang, related kina Melanie ang lugar.

It was almost dawn when we arrived at an old mansion na parang itinayo pa yata noong Spanish era. We could see the mountain range of Mt. Makiling and the setting sun beside it.

Not sure if the city made my nose a bit used to pollution, but the place smelled like nature and it transcended into my soul. Feeling ko, kahit ang spiritual self ko, niyayakap ng kalikasan.

Sinusundan ko sina Jaesie at Kuya sa yard kung saan kami bumaba. May mga kotse sa parking lot kung saan kami huminto kanina, so that means may mga tao na rin dito aside sa amin.

And lo and behold! Kompleto ang barkada ni Kuya sa malaking pool. At mukhang kanina pa silang nandito. Walang ibang chick, so mukhang exclusive ang outing.

It was a huge pool area with Bermuda grass surrounding the sides. There was a langka tree on the far right end kung saan naka-stay ang grilling stand. Leo was there, topless and wearing board shorts. Patrick was eating a barbecue on the poolside, and there was Mel, waving her hands habang sumasabay sa background music.

"Firmar las paredes de tu laberinto
Y hacer de tu cuerpo todo un manuscrito (sube, sube, sube) . . ."

Calvin was swimming and stopped after he saw us. Will was dancing on the poolside across the doorway of the house. I even saw Kyline holding a huge tray of uncooked porkchops, mukhang dadalhin kay Leo.

"Sa wakas! Late si Early Bird!" announcement ni Clark sa gilid, at bigla na lang siyang tumalon papunta sa pool.

Ang daming nakalatag na table, and my eyes automatically saw the drinks and alcohol lined up sa isang gilid. I guess it was a pool party.

Parang two years ago pa yata ako naisama ni Kuya sa outing nila ng barkada niya. Sila-sila lang yata ngayon.

Kuya said gagawa siya ng paraan about sa plan ni Mum. Naupo ako sa isang chaise lounge at dumampot ng beer.

Alam naman pala ni Kuyang pool party 'to, bakit hindi niya ako sinabihang magdala muna ng damit! So what now? Panonoorin ko lang sila habang nasa isang sulok ako?

Grabe talaga si Kuya. Napaka-heartless na, sobrang inconsiderate pa.

The breeze of the night started to sway the trees near us, and even if the music was booming from the speakers, I could still hear how peaceful this place was. The sky was a mix of orange and indigo, and the birds flew to go back to their home, making chirping sounds above us.

"Hi Sab! You want?" Kyline offered me a few sticks of pork barbecue and I automatically declined.

"Fats."